+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 weeks post op side thigh muscle shifting back and fourth !??  (Read 2894 times)

Charliev26

Two weeks post op for bilateral hip resurfacing  by dr Scott marwin of NYU a couple days ago while working with my physical therapist we are practicing getting up and down from a seated position on my way up on one rep I didn't press enough in my arms and felt a  popping shifting sensation  of muscle or legiments ? on my upper left thigh close to the incision  ( maybe it band?  ) now it hurts some what And I'm concerned I messed soe thing up anyone else experience this !!!???

chuckm

Re: 2 weeks post op side thigh muscle shifting back and fourth !??
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 05:50:21 PM »
Charliev26, sounds like nothing serious. You are only two weeks post op so I'm not surprised you are hurting a bit. I didn't do any outside PT until a full month and even then I told them to take it easy on some of the stuff they wanted to do.
Getting up from seated position is a lot like doing leg presses with only your arms to protect from full body weight on the new hips. If they ask you to do that again I would tell them no.

Chuckm
Left BHR 11/30/12
Hospital for Special Surgery
46 years old

MattJersey

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 03:21:21 AM »
I was getting twinges all over the place and getting worried, unnecessarily I am sure, as I hope to find at 6 week X-ray. Physio would have taken action if you had any cause for concern, so I reckon you'll be fine. Couple of days taking it easy, very little walking and just the standard exercises, and you'll be ok, if not get it checked out.
28 April 2015, RBHR Mr McMinn

Charliev26

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 05:44:12 PM »
Thanks guys I just realized how to reply on here lol!! It feels much better now swelling has gone down a lot my left is still more inflamed then right I go for a follow up weds. My surgeon said not restrictions or precautions for PT! Has anyone had these guidelines ?

chuckm

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 09:46:17 AM »
My surgeon said not restrictions or precautions for PT! Has anyone had these guidelines ?

Yes, a friend of mine had his right hip resurfaced and his surgeon gave him one restriction - no jumping for a few months. Anything else was fine. He was never ordered crutches and started with a cane.

I think some surgeons are now able to recognize some patients who might not need the same restrictions as others.

Chuckm
Left BHR 11/30/12
Hospital for Special Surgery
46 years old

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM