+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: I'm 6 months out now - JHippy  (Read 2734 times)

JHippy

I'm 6 months out now - JHippy
« on: June 18, 2015, 02:23:40 AM »
Well today was the big day: 6 months post surgery. No restrictions anymore!

I really missed being able to run. Really, really missed it. Over the last week I did some tiny little impromptu jogs just to feel the sensation, maybe half a block each time. Today, I broke into a good stride and went slightly longer -- probably 1/4 mile with two short walks in between. Felt SO good. I have been craving this for years. Man my body needs this. It was so good. Wanted to keep going, but baby steps for now. Wanna ease into it.

Interestingly, on my first run last week I immediately felt a sharp pain in the soft tissue in the front of my hip. I only went like 15-20 steps. When I stopped, the pain I stopped. I thought, hmm, okay I have some work to do here... maybe psoas stretching or something. But since then there has been no pain at all, zero. So I don't know what that was.

Anyway, the feeling of running today was just amazing. Very happy.
Left HR; Dec. 17, 2014; Dr. Gross and Lee Webb NP;
uncemented Biomet Recap/Magnum; 50mm/56mm.

Snowbound

Re: I'm 6 months out now - JHippy
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 11:02:02 AM »
That's great. I'm closing in on 5 months and looking forward to playing hockey the way you've looked forward to running.

shoraztri

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 06:14:09 PM »
Hi,
 Great work on your wee milestone. Keep it up , nice n easy and steady as,  will reap big gains and rewards. As so many of the more experienced hippies say to us "youngsters" , its a Marathon not a Sprint.  ;) :D
Cheers,
Kiwi Boy  ;D
LHBHR. 7 JULY 2014. DR. HUGH BLACKLEY. SOUTHERN CROSS HOSPITAL, NORTH SHORE, NZ.
Fem Head 50.  Cup Size 56.  D.O.B. 03/1952.

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 10:02:37 AM »
Great stuff. As you experienced, there will still be twinges and maybe a transient scare or two, but progress and happiness.

Good luck!
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat