+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Exercises?  (Read 2244 times)

hawk

Exercises?
« on: July 15, 2008, 12:19:46 PM »
I had my BHR (right hip) in Oct 07.  Due to childhood cancer treatment, mainly radiation, my muscles on the right side are smaller than my left side.  I still do exercises the PT taught me, after all the months,  and have added some more.  My right gluteus medimus muscle is still weak.  It is very hard for me to lift it from laying on my left side.  Any exercises would be welcomed.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Exercises?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 07:14:03 PM »
Hi

I don't know much about exercises and PT, but would suggest doing a search for exercises for the gluteus mediumus muscles.  I did and found this interesting page
http://www.spine-health.com/wellness/exercise/strengthening-exercise-program-low-back-pain-relief

The internet is a wealth of information if you have a little time to go searching.

I hope you can find something to help you build your weak muscles.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Big Bill

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 11:19:47 AM »
Hi ....try water excercises,water aerobics or swimming.... ;D

Big Bill , C.A.S.H.   8)

millerp

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 12:25:03 PM »
Hi,

I started with a stationary bike 1 month after surgery and went to walking 1-2 miles a day after a few months after surgery.  The best results I got for muscle strength was from a stepping machine, in which I started 1 year after surgery.  I started off light and for only 10 minutes every other day working up to 25 minutes every other day and increasing the difficulty.  (I worked up my time slowly over three weeks) This help the most for my quad and glut strength.  Good luck.

Patrick

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat