+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hip Dislocated 6 weeks post-op. Anyone ever had this happen?  (Read 3188 times)

Roboclimber

• Roboclimber
This happened to me this morning, and I had to get carted away in an ambulance to the hospital. I am back at home now (miserable). At the least I am back to square 1 w recovery, but it also now looks I have to go back to see my surgeon.

Anyone have suggested protocol here?
Rock-Climber with L1 to S1 Spinal Fusion (w. S1 to S4 nerve Damage); R Conserve+ Dr. Antoniou Feb 17,'12. L Conserve+ August 17, 2012 with Antoniou. Revisions to Synovo Cups in 2015 by Dr. Pritchett: R On January 12, L on June 9th, with femoral unit revised, too (TARA prosthesis from Biopro)

Tim Bratten

Re: Hip Dislocated 6 weeks post-op. Anyone ever had this happen?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 06:55:10 PM »
Sorry to hear you're still having problems. You've certainly had more than your share.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 08:46:29 AM by Tim Bratten »
Botched LHR by Dr. Vilicich 06-17-2010 revised by Koen De Smet 02-14-2012
RHR Koen De Smet 02-05-2014

MattJersey

Re: Hip Dislocated 6 weeks post-op. Anyone ever had this happen?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 10:13:56 AM »
Likewise, sorry to hear this, took a slip myself this morning which I think would have been serious at six weeks or earlier.

All the six week precautions are, by my understanding so don't place much store in this, intended to avoid a disclocation whilst your muscles and ligaments tighten (by doing the prescribed exercises). Perhaps in your case it will take a little longer given your other challenges.

Hopefully a check up with surgeon will give you the ok, maybe all he will say is hang on to two crutches for a while longer and work diligently on the exercises.

Got my fingers crossed it is positive for you.

28 April 2015, RBHR Mr McMinn

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat