+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Just had my surgery with Dr. Raterman  (Read 2478 times)

brogers93

Just had my surgery with Dr. Raterman
« on: July 29, 2015, 06:30:43 PM »
I'm a 44 year old man who has spent over 20 years in the military wearing out my body.  I also have 3 young kids, coach baseball and my OA was making it very difficult to enjoy life. Surgery was on Monday and I was released yesterday. Pretty sore this morning but I find that the more I move around my hip loosens up and feels better. Had my first PT session earlier today and I think it went well. Overall I can't say enough good things about Dr. Raterman's staff and Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel. And thank you to Pat and everyone sharing their stories here. Incredibly helpful!  Will update this post over the next couple weeks.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Just had my surgery with Dr. Raterman
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:10:06 PM »
thanks for your note.  Glad you are doing well and sharing your story.

Take it easy and update us when you can.  Best to be conservative early on. 

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

brogers93

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 07:55:28 PM »
So it's been a week since I got home. Definitely moving better but I did not realize how tight and knotted up all of the muscles in my leg would be. That's what is really holding me back. Physical therapy has definitely helped though. Still on the walker which is disappointing to me. Just not very patient by nature!  Not looking like I'll be using a cane before my post op a week from today but who knows.

HowieF-16

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 08:42:32 PM »
Glad to hear surgery and recovery is going well. I am a patient of Dr Raterman, RBHR JAN 2014. I remember my T-band being incredibly tight and painful after surgery. I researched some exercises online for massaging and loosening it up. That was helpful until a month out of surgery when I was able to use a foam roller.

With regard to still being on the walker...relax, recovery is a marathon, not a sprint. I overdid my PT at the 3-week point and had to take two weeks off. Good luck.
RBHR, Dr. Raterman, 1-8-14

brogers93

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 07:18:38 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement!  Had a good talk with my PT today and she echoed the same thoughts. Stick with the plan and don't try to rush so that's what I'll do!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat