+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 years !!  (Read 2763 times)

Anna

2 years !!
« on: August 03, 2015, 02:39:55 PM »
Hello hippies, long time no speak!!

I'm just popping in as I promised I would do. Saturday marks my 2 year anniversary of my RTHR. Wow, what a 2 years it's been!!!  ;D

I've spent all winter living in the French Alps skiing, hiking and mountain biking everyday. The last year has been fantastic and I am so grateful that I am living the life I want, without being restricted by pain and misery. I can't say it's been perfect as my leg does still get tired after walking distances because I am still struggling to fire my glutes up properly, but it's been ..... almost perfect! I have realized that I have to take care of my hip. That physio / strengthening / stretching and generally looking after it will be something I have to do for life, just to get the most out of my hip and avoid injury. It's a good job I'm not lazy! I've taken up pilates which I think is helping lots!

I wish I could say that I am doing something awesome this weekend to celebrate my hips birthday but unfortunately I am now back on crutches. I have had an op (A PAO) on my left hip recently in the hope that it will fix my dysplasia or prolong the life of my hip. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery hey?!!

Also, happy anniversary to my hippy friend and fellow Yorkie Mike D!! I haven't forgotten, we share the same day (Although a year ahead!) I hope you are doing well and I hope to see an update on here soon  ;)

Thanks to everyone on here for your continued support and I hope you all have many pain free years ahead of you,

Anna
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

Dannywayoflife

Re: 2 years !!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 02:52:02 PM »
Congrats Anna!!! Hope your well mate :) sorry I've ment to contact you but lost loads of contacts months ago.

Danny
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Mike D

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 05:45:11 PM »
Hi Anna, great to read that you're  back doing what you love doing. The stuff you're  doing is so encouraging to  anyone who  can't  have HR.
Like you, my THR changed my life from  pain and misery to total freedom. It was over 2 years before I didn't  think about my hip at some point every day but i can't tell one side from the other now and I'm also back doing stuff I had to give up.
Keep up the good work, Anna- great to hear you doing so well.
Mike.
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

Anna

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 06:17:01 PM »
Glad to hear you are still doing well too Mike! See you here same time next year?  ;D

Danny, no worries. I will PM you. We need a catch up!
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Re: Powerplate Use by BilateralRecerf
April 21, 2024, 10:34:10 AM

Donate Thru Pay Pal