+-

Author Topic: Waiting On Surgery Date  (Read 1737 times)

Kingrob

Waiting On Surgery Date
« on: August 04, 2015, 06:17:07 PM »
I sent my XRAY to Dr. Gross 3 1/2 weeks ago and heard from him today. He said that I was an excellent candidate for the procedure. He wanted to know what my goals were after the surgery as far as activities. I told him that I was very active before this injury. I played basketball, softball, flag football, running, swimming, golf, and working out at the gym. I would like to get back to some of this stuff - but my goal is to get my hip fixed and have it last me the rest of my life. Right now I can barely walk a mile.  He said that after the procedure If I follow his protocol and wait the 6 months, I would be able to play full court basketball and would have no restrictions. I liked to hear that. He said at 6 weeks I would be walking a mile.

He asked me what questions I had - how soon can I get it done was about it. He said it would be about 3 months and his secretary will call me in about a week with the date.

So it was a pretty good day.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:24:12 PM by Kingrob »

JHippy

Re: Waiting On Surgery Date
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 07:01:48 PM »
great news!
Left HR; Dec. 17, 2014; Dr. Gross and Lee Webb NP;
uncemented Biomet Recap/Magnum; 50mm/56mm.

oldsoccerplayer

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 06:52:21 AM »
It's been a while since I've been here in the chat group. Started a new job in April working in an office rather than working from home, so not as much time for extracurricular activities.

I also had Dr. Gross tell me back to soccer after 6 months (after a THR surgeon told me I'd never be able to go back). I didn't go back to playing immediately at the 6 month mark; first I put my cleats back on and ran around the field a few times, then started some practice passing and shooting. I (tried) refereeing a couple of Sunday morning games before I actually played.
No problems with the hip but at first the op. leg was not as strong or accurate as pre-op, fortunately my op. leg was not my strong kicking leg. It improved over time and after a while I had the guys telling me that I was playing better than before the surgery.
Be patient, don't rush it, and chances are you'll be back in shape sometime after the 6 months mark.
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

Dessay

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 01:17:37 PM »
Hi Rob-

I'm headed out to SC on Monday for my pre-op. Gross is booked thru September and he's on vacay the first 2 weeks of October. I got an October 28th date. So I think that's probably what you're looking at.

So excited to meet him- he seemed personable, yet confident on the phone. I think we're in great hands. Keep us posted!
Right Biomet Dr Gross 3/30/16  42mm

Recent Posts

Re: FDA approved device and experienced hip resurfacing doctor by stevel
Today at 12:16:34 PM

Re: Dr. Domb hip resurfacing (Chicago) by gabesuto
December 04, 2021, 10:40:08 AM

Re: Dr. Domb hip resurfacing (Chicago) by AG
December 03, 2021, 05:46:48 PM

AVN and Healing Dr Gross L Hip by drmiabxh
December 03, 2021, 02:48:19 PM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal