+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: It takes some time.  (Read 1962 times)

karlos.bell

It takes some time.
« on: August 25, 2015, 08:03:57 PM »
 :D Hi all. Not sure how many of you went through this your comments would be much appreciated.
Had my Bilateral done end of April.
Yeah had some issues still do but it was nice to go out walking last night and the right side quadriceps started working properly with regards to automatic control of the Glut minimus. So I lost the groin pain and could walk properly on my right leg. That I have never been able to do for about 8 years plus as I used my adductors to walk with more later on.
It also is reliable as it has not changed in the last 24 hours so that is cool.

Instead of ice I used hot packs to accelerate the healing and it actually gets the inflammation down (wait a couple of months to do this). Ibrufen was so hard on my stomach I opted instead for 12,000 ug of Vitamin C (un-buffered) per day and that worked a treat. No problems with my stomach seems to handle the huge amount of Vit C. But hey my right leg is at the point where I can start some rehab on it Wo !! to me that is amazing after 8 years keeping at it.
Still lots of swelling psoas and glut bursa's but they may go down now due to the nerve kicking back in. The left leg got hit real hard by surgery and seems lots of humming and zinging in the groin to the knee so lets hope that nerve kicks back in ok when the inflammation gets down on that side. That side is not happy.
Seems to be the nerves do not like the inflammation stressed prior to surgery or after surgery.

So every one is different and its a real hard one to say what you will be doing in months to come. Still wrapped though lots of rehab to go and a left leg to get back online. So cross my fingers it will get back online in the next month.
One thing about this site some people do not go through this where as others have strange issues. I suppose in life we are always learning along the way and the human body is a very difficult thing to understand. More like a science fix one thing it fixes a lot of other things...
Your comments would be appreciated on your issues. Cheers K
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

Tim Bratten

Re: It takes some time.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 09:21:13 AM »
Hi Karlos
Sorry to hear the left leg is slower to recover. Still, four months after bilateral isn't very long and odds are everything will work out nicely with more time. One thing I can add: even though I recovered pretty smoothly (and quickly) from both of my surgeries with De Smet, I want to tell you that I continued to experience considerable improvement (in my left leg) even during the third year post-op. So this whole thing is a gradual process that needs time. Meanwhile, stay as active as you can without overdoing it. 
Cheers
Tim
Botched LHR by Dr. Vilicich 06-17-2010 revised by Koen De Smet 02-14-2012
RHR Koen De Smet 02-05-2014

karlos.bell

Re: It takes some time.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 03:05:29 AM »
 ;) :) Hey thanks Tim nice to see someone replied. Yep found out lots of things in the last couple of weeks. Left leg rotator muscles massively weak, Psoas massively weak. I have now a physio to help me and he has a testing system.
Along way around to get help but a physio in Australia recommended a NZ bloke for me.
He is specifically trained for hip rehabilitation and hey get this has some prosthetic hips as well. So I could not get better help to rehab them.
been on the bike just to get some puff up as I really miss this and they seem to be handling it but like you say Tim its gonna take some time.
Found out as well with the FAI surgery I had in 2013 they in Australia do not do the pincer type anymore due it destabilizes the hip too much. This is what I had and it made it worse.
So the muscles would not have been working well for a long time. Then surgery again on top of poor muscle tone hell its a wonder I can walk.
Cheers K
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:06:45 AM by karlos.bell »
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz