+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Adventure filled 1st week of being released  (Read 1835 times)

surfhippy

Adventure filled 1st week of being released
« on: October 06, 2015, 10:06:47 AM »
I'm now 6 months post op with Dr. Gross and it's been a great week. My rehab has been a lot of exercises,walking, swimming, and body surfing, so when I reached my release date (well, I started a week early due to mother nature, and Hurricane Joquin sending us good waves) I surfed 5 out of 7 days. I took it easy picking just the right waves, but by the 5th day, I was surfing much better with a lot more confidence. Then on my official 6 month anniversary, I went mountain biking and did a 17 mile ride in hilly terrain. Hip feels great! Now the other hip is hurting trying to keep up with my new hip. Feels nice to feel great with no more pain! 
Mark / Dr. Gross Uncemented Biomet Right Hip Outpatient Surgery on 4/6/2015

surfhippy

Re: Adventure filled 1st week of being released
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 08:01:10 AM »
Just a little update and encouragement for those deciding to have HR, and those in recovery. I'm now 7 weeks released for full activity, and have been trying to get back to my old self (without pain). I have been mountain biking and have no pain and the muscles are feeling great and getting back to normal. I've been surfing a lot and am progressing nicely. I'm jumping up quickly, and am now feeling confident with my performance. I felt a lot of muscles twinges here and there when I first got back on my board, but after 3-4 sessions, those twinges subsided. I can't say enough about the surgery Dr. Gross has performed, and I would say I'm a new person, happier, more engaging, and pain free. Enjoy your day my fellow hipsters, and future hipsters!
Mark / Dr. Gross Uncemented Biomet Right Hip Outpatient Surgery on 4/6/2015

djganz

Re: Adventure filled 1st week of being released
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 02:31:07 PM »
That's nice to hear, surfhippy. Thanks for sharing.
LHR (62/56) 6/22/15, RHR (60/54) 6/24/15, Biomet, Dr Gross

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal