+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Two years and one year out update - Dr. Gross  (Read 2609 times)

BAM

Two years and one year out update - Dr. Gross
« on: October 06, 2015, 04:44:48 PM »
Happy fall, everyone!  I am almost exactly two years out on my right hip resurface and one year out on the left and all is beyond well! 

Running regularly; I did a 6.4 mile leg of a marathon relay 2 weeks ago (somehow got all the hills, even though I was the oldest on the team ... hmmm) and did that in 55 minutes with no issues except pouring rain :) Felt great. 

Just returned from 10 days on the East Coast visiting a friend and getting a serious horse tuneup; I hadn't taken professional lessons in years and desperately needed some tweaking after the last few years of bad hips and post-op rehab.  I rode every day at least two different horses, flat work, stadium jumping, cross-country jumping to 3' and dressage work with NO issues, even with a very exuberant 17 hand Thoroughbred throwing in a buck / spook as we landed after a big brush jump.  Lost a stirrup, laughed like crazy and never slowed down.  I did not tell the trainer until the last day I was riding on rebuilt hips and she was shocked! It felt amazing to be able to ride the way I used to. 

Still doing the occasional cold laser treatment on the scars, which look and feel great.  I'm also still doing a lot of cross-training, which I think at my age (52) should just be a fact of life from here on out. 

As always I hope everyone is doing well and if I can answer any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  I can't say enough about the procedure and Dr. Gross and his staff. 

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Two years and one year out update - Dr. Gross
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 08:29:29 PM »
Congratulations on your anniversary. Always great to hear from folks doing well with their hip resurfacings.

Thanks for sharing your update.  I added it to your personal story.  Perspective patients really like to read personal stories.

Good Luck and many more anniversaries.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

shoraztri

Re: Two years and one year out update - Dr. Gross
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 11:17:13 PM »
Hi BAM,
 Congrats on a great milestone and result. It gives up other "hippies" plenty of confidence and aspiration. ;D ;)
Cheers,
 Kiwi Boy Down Under. :) 8)
LHBHR. 7 JULY 2014. DR. HUGH BLACKLEY. SOUTHERN CROSS HOSPITAL, NORTH SHORE, NZ.
Fem Head 50.  Cup Size 56.  D.O.B. 03/1952.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat