+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Any Feedback on Dr. Sanjay Gupta (Brookfield, CT)?  (Read 3526 times)

greenie

Any Feedback on Dr. Sanjay Gupta (Brookfield, CT)?
« on: November 07, 2015, 03:40:28 PM »
Has anyone used Dr. Sanjay Gupta located in Brookfield/Danbury, Connecticut?  Please share your thoughts/insights.

Thank you.

Stephen

chuckm

Re: Any Feedback on Dr. Sanjay Gupta (Brookfield, CT)?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 06:30:46 PM »
A friend of mine went to see Dr. Gupta in 2012. He told him that resurfacing is not good - for anyone. That friend did not get a second opinion and opted for a total hip replacement. He is doing fine and will be okay because he is not an active person. 

Chuckm
Left BHR 11/30/12
Hospital for Special Surgery
46 years old

pfitz38

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 02:33:29 PM »
hello

I live in that area and saw Gupta in the spring. I needed a bilateral. He told me he was no longer doing resurfacing due to the lawsuits that have resulted in the past. I also saw Dr Keggi, also in the Ct area.  Really liked him a lot and had two friends who used him that are very pleased with the results. What concerned me was that he used the smaller anterior approach. Everything I have read on this amazing website( thank you Pat) was that the proper install is critical to success. Clearly Keggi has had success with his approach but for me to be comfortable with resurfacing instead of replacement i want the surgeon to have great access to the hip. This site lead me to Dr Su at HSS in NYC. I did my left hip in September and i am booked for the right in March. My recovery has been remarkable. Dr Su and staff was everything everyone on this site has said, incredible. I am 52 and have many thing left on my bucket list to accomplish that would not of been possible with a replacement. I would be happy to speak to you if it helps at all.  Peter

Saf57

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 05:29:35 PM »
Stephen--you appear to be close to NYC, and apparently had your first resurfacing with Dr. Su, as indicated in your other post. If you have insurance limitations which make you hesitant to use Dr. Su this time around, I can strongly recommend Dr. Marwin at NYU. He's a great surgeon and, I believe, accepts many different insurance plans.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear