+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr. Fowble in West Palm Beach Florida  (Read 2746 times)

Asalisbu

Dr. Fowble in West Palm Beach Florida
« on: November 16, 2015, 12:54:23 PM »
I am in the process of sending my x-rays around to the top rated guys.  I live in South Florida but realize from this site how important the right surgeon is for a bilateral HR I am looking at.

My package is getting prepared for Dr. Gross, Dr. Su sadly does not take Federal blue cross Blue shield (I hate insurance, but that could be a whole other web forum), and I am hearing good things about Dr. Marwin in NY as well.

I also came across Dr. Fowble who is very close in West Palm Beach Florida.....on his web page it says he specializes in the thr and has an expertise in HR as well.   Has anybody ever heard or used Dr. Fowble?  I don't see anyone on the site mentioning him......while the proximity to my house is appealing I am not willing to risk anything on something like this.

Saf57

Re: Dr. Fowble in West Palm Beach Florida
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 01:38:03 PM »
Never heard of Fowbie. I believe in florida that Dr. Raterman, in Tampa area, is one of the top, experienced surgeons. I had Dr. Gross to my right hip 13 years ago, and more recently Dr. Marwin do my left, and can highly recommend them--both have done many thousands of resurfacings.

Asalisbu

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 01:46:29 PM »
thx saf 57

just curious on way you didn't go back to Gross for the second?

blinky

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 01:53:29 PM »
I have seen some older posts on Dr F in FL, maybe here, maybe on another resurfacing site. It would be fair to ask if he is still doing many resurfacings. If his volume has gone way down, he may not be the best choice. He might be rusty.

Saf57

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 05:36:21 PM »
Asalisbu--I have full faith in Dr. Gross, he is a fantastic surgeon. When I had my first done with him nearly 13 years ago, there were no options in the NYC area, where I live. In fact, there were very few surgeons doing the procedure in this country. I was part of the original FDA clinical trials, and was one of the first few hundred people to have resurfacing in the USA. My judgment at the time was that Dr. Gross was the best option. I believe I was right, as he has turned out to be one of the preeminent resurfacing surgeons in the world. Here in NYC, we are now fortunate to have two of the others, Drs. Su and Marwin. Dr. Marwin did my left hip on august 28th of this year, and I'm doing very well. He's a great surgeon, he was local to me, and he took my insurance, so it made my decision easy.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear