+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: First anniversary (First of many!)  (Read 1822 times)

petemeads

First anniversary (First of many!)
« on: November 19, 2015, 10:54:35 AM »
Yesterday my BHR hip had its first birthday. Everything has gone really well in the last year, bar one minor overuse setback at 6 weeks, and my metal hip now out-performs the natural one in all respects.
I have kept a log of how much walking/running/biking/climbing I have done and the current totals stand at 1074 miles on foot and 702 miles by bike. This includes about 40 5km races, 1 10km race and a half-marathon training run. Longest walk 21 miles around the Peak District, biggest hill Ben Nevis. Other hip will need attention eventually but has held up quite well so far, hope it lasts another year but would love to get the BHR benefit sooner rather than later (assuming the process went as well, which is not guaranteed of course).
Thanks to Pat for this site, which I only found whilst in hospital, and to all my current and prospective hippy friends for their company, wisdom and encouragement!

Pete
Age 72, LBHR 48mm head 18th Nov 2014 and RTHR 36mm head Zimmer ceramic/ceramic 2nd May 2017 by Mr Christopher Kershaw, Spire hospital, Leicester UK.

blinky

Re: First anniversary (First of many!)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 12:44:51 PM »
Wow! Great update.

JHippy

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 08:33:59 PM »
Fantastic, Pete!
Left HR; Dec. 17, 2014; Dr. Gross and Lee Webb NP;
uncemented Biomet Recap/Magnum; 50mm/56mm.

PMac

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 06:19:35 AM »
Great stuff mate, you hit a year as I hit a week. You are an inspiriation to us all!
Age 46, LBHR 54mm head 13th Nov 2015 by Mr Stephen Eastaugh-Waring, Spire hospital, Bristol UK

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat