+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 1654 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Happy Thanksgiving
« on: November 26, 2015, 09:19:30 AM »
I would like to wish all the members of Hip Talk and guests - a very Happy Thanksgiving.

I am personally very Thankful for my wonderful life which includes one great hip resurfacing that will be 10 years old in March. I am 71 and have had a wonderful life and am looking forward to many more years with my BHR!

Surface Hippy has been my life's work for the last 10 years.  It is the best job I ever had.  I work on the website as a regular job with a lot of overtime.  It is a labor of love since I believe hip resurfacicng is still an excellent option for many people in need of a hip replacement.

I am fortunate to have ads supporting the site which help me to host it, pay for software,  hardware and for some of my needs since I am on social security and don't have time to work a full time job.  I have one in front of me on my laptop every day.

I spent this summer converting the 1000+ page static site to Wordpress which is mobile responsive to phones, tablets and laptops. It is modern and keeps the search engines up to date with anything new.  It is also very easy to use in case I can't maintain it and need help to keep the website up and running.  Surface Hippy is very important and needs to be up and running with or without me.  Hopefully, with me for many more years.

I am Thankful for the many members here that post their stories and then return to help others.  These stories and posts from hip resurfacing patients are, in my opinion, the absolute most important feature of the website.  The basic site provides a tremendous amount of information, but having real people post current personal posts is invaluable to perspective patients and current patients.

Thank You to all that help promote hip resurfacing.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  We are very blessed.

Pat
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:21:53 AM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

blinky

Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 11:16:08 AM »
And we are grateful to YOU, Pat, for maintaining this great resource. I hope it continues for many years to come.

Debcoco

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 08:26:20 PM »
Hi Pat,

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'd like to echo what Blinky wrote. This site is a fantastic resource.  Thank-you so much for your time and effort to create and maintain the website.  I, too, hope it is here for many years to come!

Deb
RBHR, Dr. Richard Sellers, 04 DEC 13

JHippy

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 09:39:58 PM »
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Pat! One of the things I am so very thankful for is my new hip, and if it weren't for this site and your tireless work and dedication I don't know where I would be right now. Thank you so much, Pat! And also thank you to everyone that has contributed to this wonderful community.
Left HR; Dec. 17, 2014; Dr. Gross and Lee Webb NP;
uncemented Biomet Recap/Magnum; 50mm/56mm.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat