+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 8 Month Post Op - 5K  (Read 1946 times)

Jake

8 Month Post Op - 5K
« on: December 06, 2015, 10:56:02 PM »
I had right hip resurfaced in March by Dr Gross.  Recovery has gone well, started back in the gym after 2 months with biking, bodyweight exercises and light weights.   I slowly worked myself back onto the treadmill around 6 months and today I ran my first 5K.  Running was never my thing so it wouldn't have bothered me if I was unable to run again.  Fortunately, since I can run again, it meant a lot to be able to complete the race with no hip pain.  Everything else hurt when I was done but the hip held up well.  For those of you in recovery or thinking about getting the surgery, it's a life changing experience and so worth the fear and recovery process.  If I can run a 5K I promise you can too!

blinky

Re: 8 Month Post Op - 5K
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 09:03:05 AM »
I hope to follow in your footsteps.

karlos.bell

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 10:20:43 PM »
 :) Thanks Jake. Good to see your making an effort to try it out. Good luck seems that it worked out well. Cheers K
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

shoraztri

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 11:07:30 PM »
Hi Jake,
 Top work there. Good to see you having a Run and cranking out 5km. Like all of us Hippies, its all about the "long haul", so take it easy and build SLOWLY. Patience will reward you with AMAZING RESULTS. :D ;)
Cheers,
Kiwi Boy Down Under. :D ;)
LHBHR. 7 JULY 2014. DR. HUGH BLACKLEY. SOUTHERN CROSS HOSPITAL, NORTH SHORE, NZ.
Fem Head 50.  Cup Size 56.  D.O.B. 03/1952.

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 10:13:41 AM »
Nice job!

For those out there looking at a resurfacing (I had a right hip done by Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012), there is a small percentage who cannot get back to running.  I just say this as a service to those looking into it and weighing options.

I am one of those.  Now, I can do pretty much everything else.  I can do an hour long Insanity video, bike all day long, etc.  But, when I run, even a slow jog, I get a pain deep in the groin that worsens until I have to stop.  Usually about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile.

I am glad that you are able to do it, though, for sure.  Congrats

-Andy

Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat