+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: First Sprint Triathlon - 11 months post op  (Read 2061 times)

MPH

First Sprint Triathlon - 11 months post op
« on: December 16, 2015, 05:56:31 AM »
Hi everyone. For those of you struggling to push through the post op exercise/PT there is light at the end of the tunnel.
on 13th December, exactly 11 months post right hip BHR I completed a sprint triathlon. Did a fair bit of running from August, gradually increasing distance and speed, plus a load of cycling and swimming. Loads of time spent getting it right and I don't even think of it.
There were some dark times, had severe pain in the hip for 2 weeks when I hit the 7km mark on a run, but it stopped as soon as I stopped running. I just went through it and kept going each time and it stopped. 10km now is easily achievable (although my 48yr old calves complain!).
I've kept abreast of all the topics on this invaluable resource and but just wanted to pass on my experience that hopefully lets you know you can get there. More sprint triathlons and an Olympic distance to be done before winter hits Down Under. Keep believing, horse play with the kids is back on the agenda and we're loving it!! All the very best to those on the road to recovery.  :)
RBHR 13th Jan 2015 Andrew Shimmin, Melbourne AUS. 52mm head/58mm cup.

blinky

Re: First Sprint Triathlon - 11 months post op
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 08:39:19 AM »
That's great!

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: First Sprint Triathlon - 11 months post op
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 09:12:15 AM »
MPH  Great News.  Thanks for sharing.  I hope you run manny more races!  Can't imagine what you will be doing next summer.  Merry Christmas!

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat