Author Topic: Dr. Brockwell in Hong Kong  (Read 2294 times)

gjc

Dr. Brockwell in Hong Kong
« on: January 03, 2016, 02:09:21 PM »
Ive been remiss in not visiting this website often enough & passing on my experiences to others regarding the Hong Kong options!

Several years ago (2011) I required my second hip operation (first in 2004). Living in mainland China I decided to have the consultation & surgery performed in Hong Kong.
After some searching & some awful consultations I finally, & luckily, got recommended to Jason Brockwell.

I wont go into the finer details but suffice it to say I would recommend him without hesitation for his fine care, advice & skills. Exactly a week after the resurface I was back at work & climbing (slowly) stairs.
There may have been advances in procedure & pain management since my first op but its my belief that the surgeon is the critical factor. The difference in my physical recovery & state of mind was remarkable. Hip is strong & feeling great (touch wood).
Repeat: without hesitation! 10/10
George

China Lady

Re: Dr. Brockwell in Hong Kong
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 10:46:32 PM »
I have had my surgery, bilateral, 2014 with Dr. Brockwell in Hong Kong. When I met him first, I immediatly felt that I could trust him. Sometimes it is not importat how many surgeries someone has "on his belt", (Dr. Brockwell has enough), but how dedicated you are to the human beeing which is the patient now.
Dr. Brockwell is well known in this part of Asia. The hospital Mathilda on the Peak, Hong Kong, is the only one here with the certificate for that kind of surgery. (It is more a 5* hotel than a hospital, incredible)
To meet his patiens bevore or after surgery, he has a traveling scedule: Guangdong, Shanghai and Beijing. For me, that is great! I will see him again on January 12 for my anual visit in Shanghai.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:49:22 PM by China Lady »
..... I will find out

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Dr. Brockwell in Hong Kong
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 02:44:30 PM »
Sabine and George - Thank You for sharing your experiences with Dr. Brockwell.  It is always great to have people tell their stories so other perspective patients can learn about the surgeon they have choosen.

I try to share these stories on the main website since some people just don't visit the discussion group and the posts eventually get buried deep at the bottom of replies.  The personal story section allows people to see stories from a specific surgeon.  I don't have everyones story there, but keep working on adding them.

http://surfacehippy.info/two-new-patient-stories-from-dr-brockwell-of-hong-kong-added/

If anyone has a story they would like added, just send it to me 

mailto:pwalter@surfacehippy.info

Good Luck.  Let us know how you are doing some time in the future!

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet