+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Psoas tendon lengthening surgery  (Read 2066 times)

rubyred

• Never Give Up
Psoas tendon lengthening surgery
« on: January 13, 2016, 01:15:33 PM »
Hi all, I've been absent from the forum for some time but I had my left hip resurfaced by Ronan Treacy in August 2012.

I've been left with chronic groin pain and after numerous tests, physio, injections etc I was diagnosed with tendinitis by both Mr Treacy and his colleague Mr McBryde.
Tomorrow I am to have my psoas lengthened in the hope this will relieve me of my pain, however I'm more than scared of how I will be left when my psoas is trimmed/cut.

Does anyone have any knowledge in this area?

Many thanks
LBHR - 9th August 2012 - Mr R. Treacy

Welcome back to life.

Mike D

Re: Psoas tendon lengthening surgery
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 03:34:52 PM »
Hi Ruby, great to hear from you again but so sorry to hear you're  still having problems.
Also, sorry I can't  help with any psoas advice, just wanted to say hello again and send you good wishes for your surgery-  good luck, I'm  thinking of you. Mike.
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

mickymoko

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 02:57:37 AM »
Hi Ruby, similar story.Had a right BHR by Ronan Treacy in No ember 2013.After a few mo nths  had shiftinv and catching sensation followed by groin pain.After all exams for MOM poisoning steroid injections and rigorous PTfinally got to see Mr McBryde.Just had psoas lengthening done on March 2nd so its early days and not really able to tell.Sadly though, can still feel the shifting but hoping that PT will loosen up the tendon and help it glide over the hip socket.How are you? I notice that its 6 weeks since your operation.Let me know.

karlos.bell

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 08:52:20 PM »
 8) Hi rubyred. The ilipsoas lengthening is common in hip issues. Identifying it and getting the right help seems to be very hard. So I hope all went well and your are recovering. Cheers K
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat