+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Help  (Read 2146 times)

nash0364

Help
« on: January 20, 2016, 12:34:06 PM »
Good Evening one and all Im Adrian a new member to site hoping for a bit of feedback /help. I had a resurface in Haverfordwest in west Wales approx 7 yrs ago and the procedure and after care was excellent , I had one of the infamous Metal on Metal jobbies but about 2 yrs ago was assured mine was not cause for concern , However I have had a lot of pain in that hip over last cpl of years and thought it was just me getting old (im 51) it got really bad just before Christmas and started getting pain in opposite knee then had time off over Chrimbo and not so much pain but since getting back to work its got whole lot worse , Went to docs today he said it seems sore (no S""t Sherlock) and immediatley sent me upstairs for X rays of hip and knee told me to rest not go to work for at least a week and to have blood tests next Monday , Has anyone else got same sort of thing happened to them or anyone have any advice ???

many thanks

jd

Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 02:28:50 AM »
Hi Nash,

I know it's got to be stressful when these things happen. We all know that the implants *can* fail, but it's low probability to get to 7 years and then have an issue. If anything was wrong at this point, I'd guess that it'd be pretty obvious on an x-ray. It's probably best to just distract yourself until you get results from the x-rays and blood tests back, but I know that can be hard, and if you're being told not to work I'm guessing that you're really not doing well.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes!

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 09:31:10 AM »
Hi Nash

One of the most important things to do when you are having problems is to get input from several of the really top hip resurfacing surgeons.  Many will do free email consultations.  Look at my list of surgeons that have done thousands and choose a couple for consultation. 

http://surfacehippy.info/surgeons-with-1000-hip-resurfacings/

Dr. De Smet of Belgium is one of the best in the world.  You might Try Mr. McMinn or Mr. Treacy.  I am not sure how you go about getting to them, but you can contact their offices and ask.  I know there are ways of using them in the UK, but you have to know how to do that.  Email him to get some more input.  I would make sure to get more than one surgeons info.

What device do you have?  What surgeon did you use?  Are you small or large?

I hope you can find an answer.  It might take some work, but will be worth it.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

nash0364

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 10:09:21 AM »
Hi Nash

One of the most important things to do when you are having problems is to get input from several of the really top hip resurfacing surgeons.  Many will do free email consultations.  Look at my list of surgeons that have done thousands and choose a couple for consultation. 

http://surfacehippy.info/surgeons-with-1000-hip-resurfacings/

Dr. De Smet of Belgium is one of the best in the world.  You might Try Mr. McMinn or Mr. Treacy.  I am not sure how you go about getting to them, but you can contact their offices and ask.  I know there are ways of using them in the UK, but you have to know how to do that.  Email him to get some more input.  I would make sure to get more than one surgeons info.

What device do you have?  What surgeon did you use?  Are you small or large?

I hope you can find an answer.  It might take some work, but will be worth it.

Pat

Hi Pat

I am shall we say LARGE lol but smaaller than i was lol Im a 6ft 4 man whos now 18 stone 6 hving lost 30 lbs before xmas ,,,I cant remember the Surgeons name but had the Op at Withybush Hospital in Haverfordwest when i lived in Wales ...I now live in Cannock Staffs

evant

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 01:32:49 PM »
Hi Nash

You're very close to Mr McMinn and Mr Treacy in Birmingham.

Try Mr Treacy's private secretaries on 0121 454 6161 or 077466 75314 or email them on treacyhip@aol.com.

Good luck.
rbhr 3 january 2013
mr ronan treacy
royal orthopaedic hospital, birmingham, england

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat