+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr Jeff Davis; Andrews Sports Medicine  (Read 3801 times)

Excapnal

Dr Jeff Davis; Andrews Sports Medicine
« on: February 04, 2016, 06:51:02 PM »
I'm getting ready to have my second BHR and the only doc around here (I live in Fairhope, Al) who will still do a BHR is Dr Jeff Davis in Birmingham (Alabama).  Just looking for some experience with him.  I know he is a proponent of anterior approach but not sure if he uses for all hip replacements.
My original BHR surgeon won't go near any MoM devices with all of the litigation/bad press, etc. My current BHR is 6 years old, has played a LOT of racquetball and pickleball and is doing great.  Dr Davis has expressed concern re my age (I am a month shy of 73) but has agreed to assess whether he would do a BHR on me.  Feedback welcomed.

blinky

Re: Dr Jeff Davis; Andrews Sports Medicine
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:23:17 PM »
I am not familiar with him.

I would really press him on what he means by "assess." How likely are you to wake up with a THR? How many of his patients who he says he might give a resurf wake up with a THR? (Sensitive to this issue; I just learned that in my community there is a doc, one of the few if not the only who says he will do a BHR, who never actually does a BHR. There is always a reason why he has to convert to a THR.)

And I would see what THR he uses and how compatible it would be racket ball, just in case.

Kingrob

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 05:56:49 AM »
You might want to consider looking beyond the local area for an experienced Dr.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 06:01:08 AM by Kingrob »

Saf57

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 01:12:43 PM »
He is listed on this site as someone that has likely(by now) performed a few hundred resurfacings, and his own website states that he is experienced in the procedure. I would therefore expect that you will be able to find others out there that have had this doctor perform their resurfacing. Best of luck to you.

woldaudio

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 10:32:52 PM »
Dr. Dan Matthews (AOSM 251-491-2676) did both of my hips. Right in 2011 and left in 2015.  He is very close to you in Daphne. I have gone back to running, deadlifting and squatting. I was 68 when he did my left BH. He uses Smith and Nephew implants. Recovery was 2 days at Thomas Hospital were the care was great.

HowieF-16

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 11:07:10 PM »
If you're willing to drive to Birmingham, you should consider Tampa, FL. Dr. Steven Raterman operates at Florida Hospital, Wesley Chapel. He did my BHR in Jan 2014. He has well over 2000 under his belt. You should research him. Good luck.
RBHR, Dr. Raterman, 1-8-14

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal