+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Uneven gait  (Read 2967 times)

Johng

• DeSmet bilateral resurf 2016 conserve plus
Uneven gait
« on: February 12, 2016, 05:40:17 PM »
Hi All, Wondering if any of you bilats out there noticed unevenness in your gait. My right leg tends to swing out when I am fatigued. Thinking at four weeks out I need to work on adductor strength? Any advice? Thanks

blinky

Re: Uneven gait
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 06:53:47 PM »
Yes, especially early on. Right leg hurt more, but was stronger than left leg. When I was tired, I sunk  back in my hips when I walked and would sling one leg in a circle instead of lifting it (can't remember which one now).

I was uneven at four weeks. I was still just walking and doing easy exercises, no ad/abductor work. What I did do was walk outside with two crutches and concentrate on being even until I was five weeks out. Then I transitioned to the cane and continued to think  about walking evenly. Those first six weeks I treated as healing time and tried not to worry about my crookedness.

I didn't see a PT, but did start doing the Dr Gross leg lifts at six weeks. There was a marked difference between lifting right and left legs laterally. Now at twelve weeks, they have evened out pretty well.

That is my long answer for saying 1) yes, I had the same thing 2) it went away pretty much on its own with time. However, I am thinking of seeing a PT at six months to see what other strength discrepancies I have.

Johng

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 07:21:52 PM »
Thanks Blinky. I appreciate the thoughts. There is no map for this experience. Cheers

Johng

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 06:59:02 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. There is a low level anxiety when the tissue around one hip hurts...in the back of my mind worried that a component has loosened. But I have a lot of faith in Dr DeSmet.

blinky

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 07:03:03 PM »
I hear ya. When I get new aches and pains I wonder what it could be and my mind does jump to the catastrophic sometimes.

If some new pain hurts more and lasts longer than a day or two, you can always ask your doc.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear