+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: One year anniversary  (Read 1870 times)

gregorykent

One year anniversary
« on: February 18, 2016, 01:26:19 PM »
One year ago at this time I was on the operating table getting a BHR replacing my R hip.  I posted a new hip story three months out which can be found under Dr David Palmer but I cannot figure out how to update that post so here's one under the new topic label.

Overall I am very pleased with the outcome.  I am only aware of vague discomfort with and shortly after strenuous exertion.  Knees are more of a limiting factor as they were before the hip kicked up.  I was able to put about 1400 miles on my road bike last summer, hike, and cross country ski without difficulty.  I had one episode of the joint squeaking just like a rusty hinge.  That was strange.  I am looking forward to some wilderness canoe tripping, a week long biking road trip and resumption of backpacking this summer.  I do not use any kind of anti-inflammatory or analgesic for the hip.  I have a better range of motion than my remaining native hip.  Since my operation I have convinced a good friend to go with resurfacing and so far things are working out well for him as well.  Every physically active person facing hip replacement should carefully consider this option.

mari

Re: One year anniversary
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 03:28:53 PM »
Congratulations!  For some weird reason I can't access the "new topic" button, so I will just say that today is my 7th anniversary with my resurfaced hip, done by Dr. Gross.  Time flies, so in six years you will be able to say that also.  I am very happy I did it!
Right Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Gross February 2009

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 10:42:41 AM »
Gregory

Happy Anniversary.  The stories on the main website can only be posted by me.  I updated your story.

http://surfacehippy.info/hipresurfacing/stories/dr-palmer/666-gregory-k-hip-resurfacing-dr-palmer-2015

Good Luck and many more anniversaries.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 10:58:10 AM »
Mari

Happy anniversary.  I am not sure why you didn't get a New Topic button.  You have to be in the main category to do that, if you are in a post, you can only reply.

Any ways, I hope you have many more anniversaries.

I put your story together for the main website:

http://surfacehippy.info/hipresurfacing/stories/dr-gross/785-mari-s-hip-resurfacing-with-dr-gross-2009

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat