+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Inversion table  (Read 2813 times)

mikeb

Inversion table
« on: February 29, 2016, 01:44:21 PM »
does anyone use an inversion table post bilateral hip resurfacing. I had bilateral HR with Dr Su in 2009 one perfect the other, not as good but better than prior to surgery. Was interested in using inversion table to help with back issues.

John C

Re: Inversion table
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 10:30:42 PM »
I have one at home that is not a full inversion table, but something that supports you at the hips. You rest your pelvis on a pad, and then invert your upper body as the pad tilts. Your ankles are hooked back over a bar that keeps your hips flexed at about 90 degrees. I have used this off and on for a few years after my resurfacing, and it seems to be fine. The hanging tension goes the length of the spine, but does not put any hanging load on the hips.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

chuckm

Re: Inversion table
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 10:27:39 AM »
My in laws have an inversion table. In the years before I had my hip resurfaced I had been experiencing increasing terrible back pain. It seemed logical that if you hang upside down by your feet and let the spine stretch out that it would bring relief. But, it did absolutely nothing, not even right after I got off the machine.
Then I did a little reading and came across and article somewhere (can't remember where I read this) that said the table would do nothing for relieving the pain and could result in injury. Where I go for physical therapy is also a chiropractic center too and there are no inversion machines anywhere.
Chuckm
Left BHR 11/30/12
Hospital for Special Surgery
46 years old

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM