+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr. Lannin at PAMF  (Read 2242 times)

Robert224466

Dr. Lannin at PAMF
« on: March 07, 2016, 08:39:01 AM »

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and was hoping that I might get some advice on doctors. I have had right hip arthritis for ~8 years and I think it is now time to get it fixed. I'm a 51 year old male, 6'3" tall about 200 lbs and no other medical complications. It seems like I'm in the right demographic for a BHR and that is where I'm leaning. I've seen Dr. Lannin at PAMF several times and he indicated I'm a good candidate. I have some friends that had good things to say about him and I'm very impressed with his knowledge and demeanor. He said he has done over 500 resurfacing (not sure about the actual number) and has a very low problem rate.

My question is simply does anyone have any direct experience with him or the team at PAMF (Palo Alto Medical Foundation) for hip resurfacing? Aside from liking him, he (and PAMF) is also very convenient - less than a mile from my house. I would love to hear your experience and/or words of advice. As I'm sure is very common, I'm very nervous about this so for me, the best thing to do is get as much knowledge as possible.

Many thanks,
Robert
[/size]
Ps I cross posted this to the Yahoo hip resurfacing site.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat