+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Left Hip Resurfaced 4 years after the Right!  (Read 1786 times)

arff2004

Left Hip Resurfaced 4 years after the Right!
« on: March 09, 2016, 02:41:15 PM »
Hello All, I'm a 51 year-old firefighter who is  3 weeks post op  from having my left hip resurfaced by Dr Raterman out of Tampa.  Dr Raterman resurfaced my right hip 4 years ago and I've had great results ever since doing that  surgery. Walking without a cane now and riding my bike twice a day in the neighborhood.  My physical therapist comes to the house  3 times a week.  I have one more week of home therapy then I'll drive to a PT facility.  Have a 6 week appointment in April and hoping to get cleared  back to work at the Fire Department by week 8 or 9.  I was playing hockey twice a week before surgery and was told no hockey for 6 months.  I do plan on getting cleared for golf after my next appointment with Dr Raterman.  Dr Raterman and his staff at Florida medical Clinic were awesome and I would highly recommend Dr Raterman for Hip Resurfacing.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Left Hip Resurfaced 4 years after the Right!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 07:13:20 PM »
Thanks for the update.  Sounds like you are doing great. 

Don't push too hard, you have plenty of time to get back to action soon.  Let us know when you are back to work.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

hernanu

Re: Left Hip Resurfaced 4 years after the Right!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 09:49:46 PM »
Congratulations! I can tell you that I'm on the way to six years with dual hip resurfacing.

No problems here getting back to heavy weight lifting, kicking a punching bag, stretching and winning rope pulls at family gatherings.

As you know, your last hip stands a really good chance of doing well. Like Pat says, give it time, each hip is a little different - let your body guide you, not some schedule.

Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat