+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pain in resurfaced hip  (Read 2411 times)

Alice

Pain in resurfaced hip
« on: March 18, 2016, 12:00:12 PM »
I had my bhr done almost 6 years ago.  I've been currently experiencing quite a bit of pain in that hip, outer and inner...also, my lower back, on that side is very painful and stiff.  Sometimes the pain radiates down my leg.  Up until now, I've been almost pain free so this is so frustrating.  Any body else experience this? :-\
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 09:18:09 AM by Pat Walter »

karlos.bell

Re: Pain in resurfaced hip
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 07:01:09 PM »
 :) Alice. It May be nothing to do with your hip.  A BHR does last a very long time and if it has been in there 6 years I would assume it is all still good. I would look into other areas first - Back- Injury around the hip - Almost pain free maybe it is something else? Cheers K

2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

badbone

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 11:10:08 AM »

I'm not a doctor. But I had those same symptoms prior to my HR and mine turned out to be bulging disc at L5/S1.

Sciatica nerve

I had my bhr done almost 6 years ago.  I've been currently experiencing quite a bit of pain in that hip, outer and inner...also, my lower back, on that side is very painful and stiff.  Sometimes the pain radiates down my leg.  Up until now, I've been almost pain free so this is so frustrating.  Any body else experience this? :-\
3/30/16 re- surfaced

LMS

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 12:58:17 PM »
Would make sense if it was deferred pain from the lower back or SI joint.  When I was in rehab after my hip scope (debridement & micro perf), the PT noticed that, from years of compensating with the hip (which every doctor missed or just didn't think it applied), it put stress on my SI joint, twisted the coccyx & gave me years of debilitating lower back pain.

Once the hip was addressed, they (PT) worked their way backwards & with manipulation & exercises, straightened the tail bone, shifted the SI back in place ever so slightly & the lower back pain in the disks went away.

Out of all the PTs I've seen throughout out my life (& there were a lot!), only the latest 2 noticed the link. 

karlos.bell

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 05:24:41 AM »
 :) Hi Alice again. There is a massive amount of stuff that is unknown in the hip area that is still being discovered to cause pain and stiffness.
It could be Muscular - Tendons - or and diet will help as well. Don't assume it is the joint hopefully not due people get example frozen shoulder no reason why can be similar in the hip except there is more structure around the hip. If example you change your diet it can impact on the range of movement then one can work out whether it is in the joint - tendons or muscular quite well. It may not also come back if you can get the range of movement or stiffness to go. Some ideas for you and others to work on. Injury is also another source if you are recreational or athletic... Cheers K
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz