+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Are bikini waxes safe after HR?  (Read 2019 times)

Dessay

Are bikini waxes safe after HR?
« on: May 08, 2016, 04:54:16 PM »
Hi everyone-

I know we have to guard against infection after HR. For the ladies, does anyone wax? A bikini wax was a thing for me pre- op. Can I do it again after I heal? Would an infected follicle endanger the implant?

May be trivial, but anything to feel normal again once I can. 6 weeks post op and counting!

Best,
Cara
Right Biomet Dr Gross 3/30/16  42mm

catfriend

Re: Are bikini waxes safe after HR?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 04:49:21 PM »
As a regular swimmer, I used to wax, but am making another stab at removing bikini hair via IPL. I purchased a home device for this, as it's cheaper than 1-2 sessions at a salon. This requires allowing the hair to grow out long enough to shave, shaving, and then using the light device. I hate shaving this area because I do get far more of the ingrown hairs and infected follicles with shaving than waxing that you speak of. I have repeated the procedure several times since my resurfacing and have had no problem at all with the implant. I do the same to my underarms. I have had my legs waxed at a salon twice as well. Oh, and a few pedicures as well. No problems at all. I wouldn't worry about waxing.  :D

Dessay

Re: Are bikini waxes safe after HR?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 11:14:05 PM »
Hi cat friend!

Thank you! I think I may look into that IPL thing. Finding a waxer who is clean and won't cause damage to the skin, burns, cuts or infections can be difficult, and we're planning to move to a new area after my recovery. Problem solved!

Thanks again!
Right Biomet Dr Gross 3/30/16  42mm

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat