+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 4 Year Update  (Read 2481 times)

Boomer

4 Year Update
« on: June 20, 2016, 03:48:32 AM »
Just passed four years on my second hip and about four and a half years on the first hip. No problems to speak of. I ride my bikes a lot in Colorado, have fallen more times than I can count, and the hips are doing great. Hiking much more now then before and enjoying it without any pain regardless of how far I go. I play a little basketball and an occasional flag football game. I turn 62 in a month or so. I think I am doing pretty well.

The only limitations I have now are an inability to dance and an unwillingness to do yard work or home improvement projects. Colorado is Natures playground.

I visit with my surgeon Dr. Rector every two years to review new x rays.

Thanks to all the Hippys who convinced me to take the first steps and who helped me through the process twice. This is a great community. Carry on everyone.

Boomer
RBHR with Dr. Rector on 11/30/2011
LBHR with Dr. Rector on 6/11/2012

einreb

Re: 4 Year Update
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 01:50:32 PM »
The only limitations I have now are an inability to dance and an unwillingness to do yard work or home improvement projects.

I've heard of people dancing and doing yard-work with THRs. Its pretty obvious that the only solution is to get a revision ASAP.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:51:09 PM by einreb »
40yo at the time of my 2/16/2011 left hip uncemented Biomet resurface with Tri Spike Acetabular cup by Gross

shoraztri

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 10:41:43 PM »
Hi Boomer,
Well done on ya 4th Anniversary. Great to see you still doing plenty of exercise and everything is just fine and dandy.  :)
LHBHR. 7 JULY 2014. DR. HUGH BLACKLEY. SOUTHERN CROSS HOSPITAL, NORTH SHORE, NZ.
Fem Head 50.  Cup Size 56.  D.O.B. 03/1952.

MattJersey

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 02:41:47 AM »
Echo that, great to hear. I have always suffered the yard work and dancing issues even before the injury that led to my BHR. I think it might be hereditary.
28 April 2015, RBHR Mr McMinn

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 02:26:47 PM »
Boomer  Congratulations!  Great to hear from you to tell us how well you are doing.

Looking forward to your future anniversaries!  Have fun!

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat