+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: MSK Lab at Imperial College Setting Up Patient Group  (Read 1838 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
MSK Lab at Imperial College Setting Up Patient Group
« on: June 27, 2016, 09:19:00 AM »
The Imperial College MSk Lab, led by Prof Justin Cobb, is setting up a patient group to involve people like you in the planning and delivery of our research.  The MSk Lab is one of the world’s leading musculoskeletal research labs where we work to create better results for patients by developing enhanced technology, techniques and strategies for orthopaedic and rehabilitation procedures.  To help us improve further, we’d like to involve you in the research planning process and give you access to those leading researchers. 

We plan to hold regular meetings (roughly once a quarter). 

In the first meeting, 20th July from 1100 to 1400, a group of clinicians, scientists and engineers from the lab  will present our work and discuss why patient involvement is so important to our research.  We would like to ask you about your experience of surgery, what symptoms are most important to you and what aspects of our research you find most interesting.

We will provide lunch and refreshments and you will get the chance to have a tour of the MSk Lab to see some of our state of the art research in action.

The meeting will take place at the MSk Lab on 7th Floor of the Lab Block, Charing Cross Hospital, W6 8RP.
 If you are interested in being involved, please contact Matthew Ryan on matthew.ryan@imperial.ac.uk
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

petemeads

Re: MSK Lab at Imperial College Setting Up Patient Group
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 09:51:10 AM »
Thanks for this information Pat, I have contacted Matt to offer my services (and been made very welcome) - any other UK hippies going to be there? Would be nice to meet forumites in the flesh!

Pete
Age 72, LBHR 48mm head 18th Nov 2014 and RTHR 36mm head Zimmer ceramic/ceramic 2nd May 2017 by Mr Christopher Kershaw, Spire hospital, Leicester UK.

Tri Hard Alan

Re: MSK Lab at Imperial College Setting Up Patient Group
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 03:40:48 AM »
I have emailed Matthew and said I would be interested in attending.

Hopefully see you there Pete!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal