+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Still painful when doing some rehab exercises  (Read 2330 times)

emesen

Still painful when doing some rehab exercises
« on: July 30, 2016, 03:47:41 AM »
Hi guys!

I am 7 months post op today and feeling good apart from my other hip which I will be having resurfaced soon! when I say feeling good I mean there is no arthritic pain on walking or general hip movements. However I am still experiencing pain when performing some of my PT exercises. I get groin pain on straight leg lifts and get pain on doing clamshells. Is this normal at this stage? I am just worried as it has been a while since the op so would have thought things would have settled by now. Thanks a bunch guys!

M

catfriend

Re: Still painful when doing some rehab exercises
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 02:37:46 PM »
I certainly hope it's normal. My surgery was 1/19. I can walk for several miles at a pop and swim for as long as I like with no pain, but certain pt exercises are still difficult for me. My adductor and abductor muscles still need work. I've been working at stretching my adductor by hanging my leg off the bed and, yes, it hurts to do this. Side clamshells are more difficult for me than side leg lifts (go figure). My glutes sometimes hurt. The muscles are sore and hurt because they're still weak. The point of the pt exercises is to make them strong. Then they won't hurt anymore. I still can't roll onto my right (surgical) side because it remains tender. I was amazed at how weak my muscles were after surgery, and they sure are taking their sweet time at strengthening. But they are getting better and stronger over time. As long as you are continuing to improve I wouldn't be concerned.

emesen

Re: Still painful when doing some rehab exercises
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 05:27:32 AM »
Thanks you're a star :) that reply was very helpful. It sounds to me like this is all part of a normal recovery. I worry too much i know Anyway I hope we both recover swiftly! Oh and hope all is well with your other hip as i've read you've had some issues with it also. I have issues with my other one too and am having it sorted soon!

M

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal