+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 7 months post BHR - Sharp twinge in hip  (Read 2167 times)

emesen

7 months post BHR - Sharp twinge in hip
« on: August 07, 2016, 05:06:55 AM »
Hi guys,I posted the a few weeks ago but got no reply so thought id try again. For the last few months I get a twingy pain, sharp in nature, in my hip on the outside of my thigh and sometimes  into my groin with certain hip movements. I feel it is brought on when i bend down to reach down to my ankles while sitting  It is also there when i push down on the outside of my thigh about half way down from the hip and radiates into the groin at times. The pain is also there sometimes after i get up from sitting but disappears after I have walked a few steps. My X-rays appear normal and there is no hip pain on walking which is why I consider it odd. I just wondered if anyone else has had anything similar or if this may just be all part of the recovery process? If there is no hip pain on walking does this mean the components are ok? I am 7 months post BHR. Thanks a bunch guys!!M

LMS

Re: 7 months post BHR - Sharp twinge in hip
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 09:10:51 AM »
I would imagine this could be muscle related.  Can you speak to a PT about this or your surgeon? 
I read about your situation a week ago... when I`m more awake I`ll remember the proper names.   ;) Lol.  Side of thigh is the iliotibial band, I have a lot of issues with that sucker, heck since I was 19 & I`m 47 now.  I`ll get back to you when my morning brain fog is gone.  :o

Usually by the 6th month is when things are back to normal"ish" but in reality, it does take up to a year or more.   Being that it's mainly when you reach down to your feet, that would make sense for it to still have some issues soft tissue wise.  Do you apply ice & take some OTC NSAIDs to settle the pain?  Extra strength Advil or Aleve (naproxen).  You can also get Tylenol 1 (codeine. Here in Canada it's also called Lenoltec) over the counter that you can take with the ibuprophen/naproxen. 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 09:14:34 AM by LMS »

emesen

Re: 7 months post BHR - Sharp twinge in hip
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 12:35:38 PM »
I would imagine this could be muscle related.  Can you speak to a PT about this or your surgeon? 
I read about your situation a week ago... when I`m more awake I`ll remember the proper names.   ;) Lol.  Side of thigh is the iliotibial band, I have a lot of issues with that sucker, heck since I was 19 & I`m 47 now.  I`ll get back to you when my morning brain fog is gone.  :o

Usually by the 6th month is when things are back to normal"ish" but in reality, it does take up to a year or more.   Being that it's mainly when you reach down to your feet, that would make sense for it to still have some issues soft tissue wise.  Do you apply ice & take some OTC NSAIDs to settle the pain?  Extra strength Advil or Aleve (naproxen).  You can also get Tylenol 1 (codeine. Here in Canada it's also called Lenoltec) over the counter that you can take with the ibuprophen/naproxen.

Thanks very much for that reply! I am thinking its muscular or other soft tissue pain as I can some what replicate it when I tense one or more of the muscles around the hip. My recovery was a little up and down so I am probably still somewhat recovering in the soft tissue department. Im hoping it is all down to this and not the device. The pain is only there with certain movements and is nowhere near bad enough to warrant analgesia or icing. Will see how the next few weeks unfold. God bless!

M

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat