+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Squeak noise from left BHR after 4 months  (Read 2626 times)

chriscollie

Squeak noise from left BHR after 4 months
« on: August 29, 2016, 05:28:35 PM »
Hi all, I had left BHR in April this year by Derek Mcminn and have been recovering relatively well. I have been swimming, cycling and general gym work and all was well until yesterday...... I am now getting a squeaking noise from the left hip periodically. Sometimes it's just auidible, sometimes is quite loud and sometimes (when climbing stairs) its as though I can feel a little unstable and get a feeling down into my left knee

I will contact the hospital tomorrow (bank holiday today!) but would appreciate any feedback from people on here. Is this quote common or is it a disaster......

Chris

MattJersey

Re: Squeak noise from left BHR after 4 months
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 05:51:03 AM »
I've read on here of squeaking so you might search for that, but no experience personally. Instability though, I think at four months I wouldn't have described everything as perfect (although I bet I did in my previous posts, it is all relative!) and even today when I am bending and taking my golf stance I very occasionally "feel it", by which I mean I actually feel the joint, head/socket, but it has meant nothing to date - I could equate that to a sense of instability, but I think the strength in my thighs and butt now means I don't feel any issue with it.

Contacting the clinic is the right thing to do, I would call Pam Charles. But keep your chin up, this could just be a minor blip on the path to recovery. Best wishes.
28 April 2015, RBHR Mr McMinn

hernanu

Re: Squeak noise from left BHR after 4 months
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 03:22:55 PM »
Always good to contact your doctor about anything that makes you uncomfortable, shyness is not a virtue in this case.

Having said that, squeaking is a common thing and not usually an issue. Many have reported it somewhere along the way and had no problems.

Make sure you're getting enough hydration (water intake) but sometimes we just squeak.

I would hear it early on sometimes when I was brushing my teeth or shaving. Not sure if it was because that was the only quiet time in my day, or because my hips were waking up as I was.

Haven't had it for a long time.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat