+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Serious leg pain when driving  (Read 2979 times)

derrick hamm

Serious leg pain when driving
« on: September 02, 2016, 11:23:58 AM »
Hi all,

New to the group and have looked to see if my question has already been asked.  I didn't see it so here goes:  I've had bilateral resurfacing done; left sd done Nov 14, rt sd done Dec 14.  I wanted to get them done close together so there was really only 1 recovery.  Anyway, left was successful, rt was not.  I had 2 tendons tear (gluteus medius and gluteus minimus) immediately post surgery.  Not happy with my doctor but that's another rant.
     Recently had tendons reattached by another doc (June 3, 2014) which helped with the daily pain and strong limp caused by 2 tendons hanging off the bone. However, I still can't drive for more than 30 minutes before I get a strong throbbing pain in my quad and buttock.  This has been happening since first resurfacing surgery.   Doctor response to this is "That's odd".  Thanks doc, you're a genius.  I literally have to use a cane or straighten my leg and use my outside ankle bone to mash down on the gas pedal.  This never goes away even if I medicate heavily in advance.  Xrays come back clean.  What I'm having to do just to drive is terribly dangerous. 
     Anyone else out there with the same problem?  Hopefully I've provided enough info on the situation.   

China Lady

Re: Serious leg pain when driving
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 08:07:04 AM »
Oh dear! That sounds terrible! "Recently" is 2 years ago!
In which country are you living and you must be very unconfortable in daily life also. You dont name the doctors and clinics, so maybe my idea is not up to date.....
Have you considered to go to the best "sport clinic" in your country? Athlets can suffer very complicat injuries, muskles, bones, nerves....
I hope, you can find help out there and my best wishes are with you. Dont give up! Life is to short and stop driving that car!
..... I will find out

derrick hamm

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 03:03:42 PM »
So sorry, I screwed up the dates.  I had both hips resurfaced in 2014, but had the rt hip operated on yet again June 2016, not 2014.  I'm not at liberty to discuss who the doctor was as I'm actively looking for an attorney to potentially pursue a malpractice suit against him.  I've done some PT but it has not helped this isolated issue when driving.  I haven't given up by any means, but am looking anywhere and everywhere for an answer as to what could cause this.     

catfriend

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 05:52:08 PM »
I wish I could give you some insight as to the root of your problem, but I can't. I've experienced pain when driving after many hours (alleviated the moment I get up and walk around), but not after 30 minutes. Even after a full day of driving that pain is not nearly as severe as you describe. I can understand your desire to pursue legal action. I don't know where you are, or your insurance situation, but I would suggest consulting with 2-3 doctors experienced in resurfacing revision surgery. Not all doctors do this. It may require going out of state for you (assuming you are in the US). You may want to peruse the list of surgeons on this site for such doctors. Two such surgeons are my doctor (Pritchett, Seattle), and the often cited (on this site) Dr. Gross of South Carolina. There certainly are others who fit the bill. Email consultations are free. I would not consider your situation hopeless. Clearly something is wrong, and if it's soft tissue the x-rays will always come back clean. You just need to find the correct doctor for your particular situation.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear