+-

Author Topic: Spartan Beast  (Read 1628 times)

Jake

Spartan Beast
« on: October 03, 2016, 01:28:56 AM »
Hello All,
I just wanted to give an update as I have just completed a Spartan Beast two weeks ago.  It was 16+ miles in Killington Vermont, 30 obstacles, and 7000 ft vertical.  Tons of up and down and very hard on the joints.  The hip has held up well, never really give it a thought anymore except for certain movements when I stretch.  Sprinting is not my friend either.  My knee was the only problem I had toward the end of the race.  I had my right hip resurfaced by Dr. Gross in March of 2014.  Before the surgery I walked with a noticeable limp and every step just hurt.  I am very happy with my choice to get this procedure done as I would have never, ever been able to complete a race like this without the surgery.  I am posting this for those of you who are on the fence about the surgery and for those of you who are having doubts about recovery. 

Jake

Quig

Re: Spartan Beast
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 02:43:45 AM »
Great job Jake! Thanks for checking in and letting us all know what is possible. Keep it up!
Bilateral Hip Resurfacing by Dr. Thomas Gross
  -Right Hip; April 11, 2016
  -Left Hip; April 13, 2016

karlos.bell

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 05:44:50 AM »
 8) Yo Jake. Ok just completed my 3rd Half marathon down now to 6 minute K's with still some issues but getting there for an younger old fella it is great. I feel sorta normal. Spartan looks cool. I have lost the pain when stopping after the 2 hours now as it used to hurt like hell in the hips but now that is settled in. Good on you. Like minded. Cheers K :)
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding with FAI Hyperflexion

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 02:27:18 PM »
Great update.  Thanks for taking time to let us know how well you are doing.  Keep up the good work.  Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 09:06:07 PM »
Great job Jake!!   I love to hear about hippies out  there kicking butt!
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats