+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: More offroad racing and hip just keeps getting better  (Read 2295 times)

gasyz

More offroad racing and hip just keeps getting better
« on: October 03, 2016, 02:46:48 PM »

Quick update for any mx/enduro riders out there Just completed two more tough xc races.Both tracks where really fast and bumpy resulting in bike and Body getting tested to the max over the two hour periods.Managed to get a 3rd in vets A class amongst some quality riders.Aching from head to toe but the new hip feels mega.Biggest problem ive got is that it feels so strong and natural I'm starting to take liberties with it and riding like a teenager again.hard to believe this time last year I was worried that I wouldn't be able to compete again, now 12 moths on I'm pushing for poduium results.
Article from ENDURONEWS.COM   below with link to site

ShareThis Copy and Paste
 - See more at: http://www.enduronews.com/archive/2425.htm#sthash.e2aCmYkk.dpuf
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 02:28:13 AM by gasyz »
Rbhr 60/54
Ronan Treacy, 5th September 2015

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: More offroad racing and hip just keeps getting better
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 07:22:41 PM »
Thanks for sharing your update.  Always nice to hear how well people are doing.  Keep up the great work.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Gino_Tortellini

• "Keep your tire spinnin!" - Me
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 03:37:40 PM »
Gary,

That is a sweeet job in the Vet A class! What bike do you race? I upgraded from a 2007 Yamaha WR250F to a 2016 KTM250XC-F.

I start looking at this forum around my anniv date which is coming next week, 4 years!

Gene
Dr. Gross / Biomet Recap Uncemented / Bi Lat / Dec 3 & 5, 2012 / @48 1/2 yrs due Cam FAI

gasyz

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 02:08:52 AM »
HI Gene I ride a 2014 Beta 300rr.
Unfortunately I managed to dislocate my left knee and done a lot of ligament damage, during the annual Sucker Punch Extreme enduro.Got an entry in for the first round of the British Extreme Championship in January but not sure if I'll be fit by then.Was talking to (ex world champ)David Knight the other week and he's just had a THR and planing on riding at pro level again,so that should be interesting to see how he gets on.Good luck with your riding and keep us updated. ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 02:10:14 AM by gasyz »
Rbhr 60/54
Ronan Treacy, 5th September 2015

horse doc

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 05:32:40 PM »
HI Gene I ride a 2014 Beta 300rr.
Unfortunately I managed to dislocate my left knee and done a lot of ligament damage, during the annual Sucker Punch Extreme enduro.Got an entry in for the first round of the British Extreme Championship in January but not sure if I'll be fit by then.Was talking to (ex world champ)David Knight the other week and he's just had a THR and planing on riding at pro level again,so that should be interesting to see how he gets on.Good luck with your riding and keep us updated. ;D

I hope your beta has estart.  I sold my yz250 when I broke my right hip.  I've had to go KTM 300 for the electric start and a beta trials bike since the kickstart is on the left.  I think kickstarting bikes is pretty hard on hips.  I didn't realize Knight had hip problems, injuries?  Too bad about your knee!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat