+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: New Heights with New Hips  (Read 1577 times)

Boomer

New Heights with New Hips
« on: October 05, 2016, 05:13:17 PM »
Last Saturday I was able to climb to the summit of Mt Elbert, the highest peak in Colorado at 14,439 feet.  I have been working up to this challenge for about a year, but had failed in my two previous attempts. The ascent and descent took almost eight hours. I'm pretty slow. I still find it hard to believe that at 62 years old, my Birmingham Hips were able to get me to the summit. It was a remarkable surprise. I think this means that my long recovery is finally complete.

It is very inspiring reading about all the cool things we Hippys are doing. Not surprising, considering what we were doing before our hips wore out.

Thanks to Pat for hosting this site and for the Hippy community for all the good vibes through the years.

Live strong

Boomer
RBHR with Dr. Rector on 11/30/2011
LBHR with Dr. Rector on 6/11/2012

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: New Heights with New Hips
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 05:42:44 PM »
Fantastic.  I will share your post on the main website.  Meanwhile, keep up the good work.  Looking forward to your next adventure.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Dan L

• LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 12:29:51 AM »
Boomer, congrats my friend, it is great to hear.  You must be approaching 5 years now, so it is encouraging to hear you are doing so well.  I hiked up one of the passes (Argentine?) in CO many years ago and being a lifelong flatlander barely made that, so going to the top of your state is something else. 

I passed 5 years this week for the left one, and my hips are also doing very well, walking 20-25 miles 4-5 days per week, and thas helped with overall health greatly.   

Pat and people like you from this site were the key to getting through it, so thank you both,

Dan
LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012

Boomer

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 03:42:47 AM »
Good to hear from you Dan! Congratulations on reaching five years with your new hips.

The most important thing i learned from the experience of getting two new hips was that i needed to let the fine people around me help me get to the other side. Humbling at first, liberating in the end.

Well done Dan. Keep posting.

Boomer
RBHR with Dr. Rector on 11/30/2011
LBHR with Dr. Rector on 6/11/2012

Recent Posts

New to resurfacing wondering about surgeons by smartinny
Yesterday at 02:20:37 AM

Re: 9 years later and I think it's time for my other hip by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:45:07 PM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:40:18 PM

Re: 3 months post op with MAJOR problems by ahausheer