+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: A bit anxious after bilateral at 9 weeks  (Read 1375 times)

Cliffrocky86

A bit anxious after bilateral at 9 weeks
« on: October 17, 2016, 07:07:59 PM »
Hi all I am Cliff, 29 years old from Brisbane Australia and is my first time posting,

Just would like to say what a great resource this is,

I had bilateral hip resurfacing's done 9 weeks ago due to FAI damage to joints in previous years.

I am a bit anxious about the pain i am still feeling on my right side. The pain is there all the time which feels like it's very messy/torn feeling and definitely gets worse with any movement in regards to my PT schedule. I feel like it's a localised pain area around the hip joint, it is sore to touch and swollen to a certain extent, it feels worse than the pain before surgery.  My left hand side has settled very well and is not giving me no where near as much pain.

I had a check up with my doctor at 6 weeks and he said that he doesn't think there is any major red flags raised and to let the dust settle. I explained to him that i was a bit worried about the prosthesis in regards to my pain but he said that the joint is bomb proof essentially from day 1 and it is very rare to have complications with the prosthesis even when doing a few out of the ordinary movements/trips/pressure on joint in early stages as i had accidentally done. He said it is most likely caused by muscular/tendon issues.   

My question is has anyone had an experience similar to mine at the 9 week mark and could give any advice to me?

Cheers Cliffy

catfriend

Re: A bit anxious after bilateral at 9 weeks
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 07:55:54 PM »
Could you perhaps be experiencing bursitis?

karlos.bell

Re: A bit anxious after bilateral at 9 weeks
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 03:55:10 AM »
 :) Hi Cliffrocky86. You have done well. It all goes with time bilateral is a one shot rehab scenario as I have found out but slowly and slowly you get better.
If your having these issues at nine weeks that's cool it means its all starting to work so look forward to the future of change is all I can say from  my experience. It is joint replacement and if done well by the best it will be bullet proof mark my word.
Takes 2  years for a good result so if you get within that and back up and running before 2 years awesome. The massive issues surrounding FAI and it own issues is complicated but if the joint is done well the body slowly adjusts to the changes. The tendons and muscles have to retrain and strengthen back to normal and this takes time inflammation and more time. They also have to move across a lot of structures.
 As I have said on other posts it does help to be on a better nutritional diet and this rockets you along. That also is my own opinion. Don't over do it but little bit by bit and one leg by one leg. The changes from FAI muscular issues have to happen otherwise there would be no point in joint replacement.
eg: even my feet have to change due I could not weight bear properly on both feet and was on crutches for 8 years the tendons, ligaments, muscles all get a rev up swell strengthen then get used to it again. Same as my knees so massive changes.
Having FAI is an issue in itself then needing joint replacement to sort it out is another but by having resurfacing you have given yourself the best shot at a really good joint so don't be too hard on yourself it does take time.
Hope this helps Cheers K 8)
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat