+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Post Outpatient Surgery With Dr. Gross  (Read 1761 times)

Gibby

Post Outpatient Surgery With Dr. Gross
« on: November 25, 2016, 08:56:22 PM »
I am 56 and actively involved in high impact sports. In fact I am an ice-hockey goalie originally from Canada. When a goalie drops into a butterfly position with their legs forming a sealed V on the ice and toes pointing towards each goal post it puts tremendous torque on the hips.

My first surgery (left hip) was done by Dr Gross on Wednesday November 23rd. I am having my right hip done by Dr Gross on December 19th.

My and Dr Gross' expected outcome is that I can be back playing goal in July 2017.

Both my surgeries are outpatient.

My pain level is very low post surgery. I able to put full weight on my leg. We drove from Columbia SC back to Atlanta yesterday.

I can not be happier with the out come. Dr Gross and his team have the process and pain management down to a perfect science. My worst pain level was 3, which is very acceptable to me.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 09:02:07 PM by Gibby »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Post Outpatient Surgery With Dr. Gross
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 02:13:12 PM »
Great to hear one is done and one to go.  Sounds like everything is going well.  Take it easy, don't get too carried away yet.  Thanks for sharing.  Looking forward to your updates.  Good Luck.  Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

jmorriss

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 02:13:48 PM »
Awesome.  I had hip resurfacing in August 2016 as outpatient by Dr. Gross.  Yes, my pain level was also low.  Dr. Gross and his team have a very efficient setup.

Gibby

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 11:58:34 PM »
3 days post surgery and couldn't be happier. Pain levels remain low, no problems going up and down stairs or walking. Using my Polar Kodiak ice system regularly and following Dr Gross' exercise program. Looking forward to having my right hip done on December 19th.

Gibby

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 02:25:24 PM »
2 weeks ago today I had my left hip surgery. I am amazed how well my recovery has gone. No pain, I am off crutches and no cain for the past 5 days.

Yesterday I walked 9,192 steps (3.66 miles), the day before 5,274 steps (2.1 miles), the day before 2,717 steps (1.08 miles) the day before 2,778 steps (1.1 miles) the day before 1,292 steps (.51 miles)

I am not taking anything but two Tylenol at night and all I feel at the end of the day after walking those distances is a slight tightens in the both hips. AMAZING!!!!!

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats