+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: High metal levels and pseudo tumors  (Read 2678 times)

Kerry

High metal levels and pseudo tumors
« on: December 05, 2016, 11:41:54 AM »
In Dec 2015 I was diagnosed with high cobalt and chromimun levels and pseudo tumors and I have just finished my second total hip revision due to these issues.  The original BHR was done on my left hip in Oct 2013 and the right in March of 2014.  One year later Smith and Nephew stopped performing the BHR in women with smaller head sizes.   Fortunately, I was not in pain with these symptoms and therefore was reluctant the have the total revisions. However, after researching the issues and finding a well qualified surgeon  I have had bilateral revision of the BHR.  I had significant tissue and muscle damage in both sides.  Had I waited any longer to remove the metal on metal I would have long term stability issues in the hip joint.  Obviously, everyone reacts differently, but my advise is if you have high metal levels or pseudo tumors get the revision done asap.

Kerry in WI

catfriend

Re: High metal levels and pseudo tumors
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 01:56:54 PM »
Did you revise to another resurfacing device, or THR?

blinky

Re: High metal levels and pseudo tumors
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 03:14:32 PM »
Thanks for coming on here and reporting your experience.

Did you discover the high levels as a result of normal monitoring? How did you find your revision surgeon? And how has your recovery been?

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat