+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: My 4yr Bi-Lat Anniversary  (Read 2272 times)

Gino_Tortellini

• "Keep your tire spinnin!" - Me
My 4yr Bi-Lat Anniversary
« on: December 05, 2016, 03:32:25 PM »
Time fly's, this week marks four awesome years since my bi-lat hips by Dr. Gross. To recount the year on two wheels, I finished 5th in the Over 50 Cat 3 (slow class) AZ MBAA MTB Series and 1st in the Over 50B (A/B/C Divisions) Dirt Bike AMRA off road series.

Year to date I've got 1,747 miles logged on the MTB gaining 119,783 ft of climbing. Total MTB miles since hip resurfacings 4,715 mi.

Moved to 50A (faster old guys) on the Dirt Bike for this current season and continuing in 50 Cat 3 for MTB in 2017. I joined a local bike shop MTB team and really looking to improve on my results.

If you also MTB and use Strava let's connect and motivate, Gene Torrisi - Mesa, AZ

Stay Healthy My Hippy Friends!

Dr. Gross / Biomet Recap Uncemented / Bi Lat / Dec 3 & 5, 2012 / @48 1/2 yrs due Cam FAI

Quig

Re: My 4yr Bi-Lat Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 07:56:19 PM »
Awesome stuff Gino! Great job!

I'm coming up on 8 months out of Bilateral (also with Dr. Gross) and starting to really be pleased with my riding recovery. I'm finally starting to feel marginally strong on the mtb again. I also ride moto but do more dual sport and do not race and I can't believe how much more comfortably I can ride following surgery. I can only hope I'm as pleased in 4 years as you are.

Here's to many, many more years of fun with your hips! Keep it up!

And I'll find ya on Strava!  8)
Bilateral Hip Resurfacing by Dr. Thomas Gross
  -Right Hip; April 11, 2016
  -Left Hip; April 13, 2016

phillwad

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 04:46:54 PM »
Gino - amazing. Great job

gasyz

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 01:10:18 PM »
That's ace.keep up the good work.I'm entered in round 2 of the British Extreme Championship on Feb 7th.Totally confident with my hip but I snapped my ACl and tore MCL 3 months ago so that could be a problem.
Ex world champ David Knight is back on it and pushing hard after having a THR in November,just goes to show how good these hips are now (even total hips)
Keep us posted with your adventures.
Rbhr 60/54
Ronan Treacy, 5th September 2015

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat