+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Does this Conserve+ make my femoral head look fat?  (Read 1130 times)

vonhouser

Does this Conserve+ make my femoral head look fat?
« on: December 10, 2016, 10:16:20 AM »
So I just looked at my surgical documents from Dr. de Smet, and it indicates that the size of the femoral head component was 50 mm. That's large for a woman, right? Doesn't that put me out of the "smaller size" issues related to women and the HR? Not important, since I had a Conserve+, and they come in smaller sizes, but I'm just curious.

49 yo Female
Wright Conserve+ with Koen de Smet
Scheduled December 7th, 2016

karlos.bell

Re: Does this Conserve+ make my femoral head look fat?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 11:42:06 PM »
 :) Hi Von. Yep that's about right if your 5 ft 8 plus. 50mm is a good size apparently?
Cheers K 8)
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding with FAI Hyperflexion

vonhouser

Re: Does this Conserve+ make my femoral head look fat?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 01:19:20 PM »
Thanks, Karlos! Somehow I feel better having the larger size, since some of the problems with women were associated with the smaller sizes.
49 yo Female
Wright Conserve+ with Koen de Smet
Scheduled December 7th, 2016

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats