+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr. Philip Schmitt Detroit Medical Center  (Read 2175 times)

banninkt

Dr. Philip Schmitt Detroit Medical Center
« on: February 03, 2017, 09:28:40 PM »
51 year old ice hockey official living  in Michigan. The only surgeon that I've heard  of that does the hip resurfacing is dr. Phillip Schmitt Detroit Medical Center.  Posted a comment  over a year ago  saw 1 comment.  Anyone out there have any feedback??

bluedevilsadvocate

Re: Dr. Philip Schmitt Detroit Medical Center
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 11:56:15 AM »
Have you seen the information on Dr. Shmitt on the Doctor List on the Surface Hippy website? He's the only one listed in Michigan, and indicates that he has performed 3,000 resurfacings.
LBHR 10-20-2010
Dr. Brooks - Cleveland Clinic
Age 62 at time of surgery

dogwalker

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 09:27:04 PM »
I had LBR surgery with Dr. Schmitt in November 2014. I researched the BHR method extensively before I made the appointment with Dr. Schmitt. He is very easy to talk with and explains the details of the surgery completely. He uses the direct lateral approach and he will tell you the benefits of this technique. The DMC Huron Valley - Sinai Hospital is very clean and has a separate wing for the hip and knee patients. All the rooms private and roomy (you can expect a 2 night stay). You can expect some pain the day of the surgery and the day after. Dr. Schmitt will prescribe 1 week of in home therapy and another 4 weeks of outpatient. Take advantage of the therapy as it will speed up your recovery, 60 days post-op I had no restrictions. I've been pain free and regained all my range of motion. The one common theme you reed on this site is to pick a surgeon with many BHR surgeries as it very complex and that's why I choose Dr. Schmitt and couldn't be happier with the results. Good luck!   

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 08:24:10 AM »
Hi dogwalker

Thanks for the post about Dr. Schmitt.  Helps others learn about the experienced surgeons.

I am glad you are doing so well.  Always great to hear and usually the wonderful story about becoming active and out of pain.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM