+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 4 days post op. Question  (Read 2361 times)

Gretsch6

4 days post op. Question
« on: February 20, 2017, 11:38:09 AM »
Hi All!  Had right hip resurfaced Thursday am. Procedure went very smooth. I was sent home Friday afternoon after two rounds of PT.  I only live ten mins from hospital so it was very convenient!!!! Walking on crutches and walker is no problem.  The combination of oxycodone and stool softener was a real challenge for me however.  For the last two days I've been nauseous light headed weak and head achey. Dizzy too. Stool softener made me feel like I had stomach flu. This am I feel much better.  Hip is better than I though - can already feel improved ROM.  The side effects from Meds were much more severe than I thought. Has this happened to others?  thanks! Ps. Don't think I would have gone through the procedure if it wasn't for this great site!!! 

blinky

Re: 4 days post op. Question
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 11:52:17 AM »
Yes, the GI stuff was the worst. I ditched the pain killers asap when I got home so I could poop and so my blood pressure would be more normal. Once my gut was back to normal, once I was eating and drinking regularly, once my head was clear, I felt so much better.

How do people get addicted to these drugs?!?! Ugh.

catfriend

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 02:54:42 PM »
Everybody has different reactions to drugs. My brain was fuzzy, but I didn't have the nausea and other negative reactions that you did. I didn't have any problems eating or drinking. I wish I had started taking Miralax a couple of days before I did. I will for the next one. It was a few days before my first defecation, and, oh, yikes, that was an experience I don't care to repeat.

I agree with blinky. I consider opiates/opiate derivatives so unpleasant I don't know why or how anybody gets addicted.

vonhouser

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 09:09:48 PM »
I didn't have to take stool softener, but I also took probiotics and ate lots of vegetables. I also took magnesium, which can help.

As for pain killers, after two days I would just take oxy at night, and tylenol during the day. That way I got the best sleep I could, and I wasn't awake for any side effects!
49 yo Female
Wright Conserve+ with Koen de Smet
Scheduled December 7th, 2016

karlos.bell

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 01:21:16 AM »
 8) Hi Gretsch6 YEP they all do... One day hopefully you will be off them and then the stomach can recover. All the best. Cheers K
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat