+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Scott mtb marathon  (Read 2733 times)

gasyz

Scott mtb marathon
« on: April 11, 2017, 03:21:43 PM »
Quick Hip update.Completed the Builth Wells round of the  Scott mtb marathon.Due to lack of training and knee injury I opted to do the half marathon which was 45km and 1500m of climbing in the mid wales mountains.Took me 3h45 to get to the finish.Probly the slowest I've ever been and a big wake up call to do more riding and less cake eating.Biggest positive was that yet again the hip was superb.So now 18 months post op its been tested in motorbike enduro's including 2 british championship Extreme events and a mtb xc marathon.Its gonna get a bit of a rest next month due to an Acl reconstruction,but a soon as poss i'll will be back to living life in the sweaty out of breath lane.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 03:29:23 PM by gasyz »
Rbhr 60/54
Ronan Treacy, 5th September 2015

Quig

Re: Scott mtb marathon
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 04:47:32 PM »
"The sweaty out of breath lane"... I love it!! That's my lane too.  8)

Congrats, and good luck with the knee repair. I hope it heals up quickly and you're good as new in no time.
Bilateral Hip Resurfacing by Dr. Thomas Gross
  -Right Hip; April 11, 2016
  -Left Hip; April 13, 2016

Gino_Tortellini

• "Keep your tire spinnin!" - Me
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 07:00:07 PM »
Gasyz - Hope the knee is well, you back in the "sweaty out of breath lane"?
Dr. Gross / Biomet Recap Uncemented / Bi Lat / Dec 3 & 5, 2012 / @48 1/2 yrs due Cam FAI

gasyz

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 01:31:08 PM »
Gasyz - Hope the knee is well, you back in the "sweaty out of breath lane"?
Thanx for asking.Had the knee reconstructed in May and got back to fitness by September.Did a couple of extreme enduro's on my motorbike(Beta 300rr).Unfortunately I think I've now pushed my other hip to its limit.Im seeing Mr Treacy this wednesday to get an X ray and see what his opinion is.Was plannng on doing next year's British extreme champs and a few marathon mtb events but looks like that might have to wait for a bit longer.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:44:59 PM by gasyz »
Rbhr 60/54
Ronan Treacy, 5th September 2015

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat