+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 days post op with right BHR - Dr Raterman, Tampa FL  (Read 2037 times)

squeekywheel

2 days post op with right BHR - Dr Raterman, Tampa FL
« on: April 12, 2017, 10:17:01 AM »
I wanted to take the time to thank all those who have posted their stories here. I first found the site over a year ago as I researched what I thought at the time was a torn labrum. As I later found my condition to be far worse than I thought, I turned here to find surgeons and stories that provided me hope that I would once again regain my active lifestyle and be able to play with my 3 and 6 year old.

Thanks again to all that make this a resourceful site and in particular those that were very gracious with their time to return my personal messages prior to my surgery.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 2 days post op with right BHR - Dr Raterman, Tampa FL
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 11:19:13 AM »
I am happy the website has been a help to you.  There are a lot of great members here who are vary supportive and full of information.

Good Luck on your recovery.  Stop by and let us know how you are doing now and then.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

jjglass535

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 08:47:53 AM »
I wanted to take the time to thank all those who have posted their stories here. I first found the site over a year ago as I researched what I thought at the time was a torn labrum. As I later found my condition to be far worse than I thought, I turned here to find surgeons and stories that provided me hope that I would once again regain my active lifestyle and be able to play with my 3 and 6 year old.

Thanks again to all that make this a resourceful site and in particular those that were very gracious with their time to return my personal messages prior to my surgery.
How is your hip feeling now that it's October ? I also had Dr Raterman do my right hip in November of 2015. Almost 2 years later and my ROM is horrible and I have terrible pain throughout the whole hip joint including the groin. Pain goes all the way to my knee. Each time I go for a checkup he says everything looks great but it'll never be what the good lord gave you. I expected a lot more than this, it's the same pain I had pre surgery. I go back tomorrow for my 2 year followup,hope to not hear the same thing again. There is definitely a problem and I wish they would take the time to find it instead of telling me I'm fine. I am very active mountain biking and riding motocross. Also a downhill skier for the last 45 years. So tired of fighting through the pain to do what I enjoy in life
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:48:51 AM by jjglass535 »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 04:33:23 PM »
Hi  jjglass535

Welcome to Hip Talk.

I have one suggestion for you.  Most the top surgeons will do free email consultations.  If you are worried, drop them a copy of your x-rays in a digital format and ask their opinions.  You can see who does the email consults here

http://surfacehippy.info/surgeons-with-1000-hip-resurfacings/

I wish you the very best.  Hope things will get better for you.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Ljpviper

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 03:12:50 PM »
Hello jjglass535,

What did Dr. Raterman say about your ongoing pain issues? Does he feel its muscle related? Have you had blood tests for cobalt/chromium in your blood?

Also, just curious did you always have these issues after recovery or did this happen sometime after a successful recovery, ie 12 months after the surgery.

Good luck,

Larry

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat