+-

Author Topic: 16 days post op HR Dr. Pritchett  (Read 1082 times)

dancehippie

16 days post op HR Dr. Pritchett
« on: April 20, 2017, 11:50:44 PM »
After being told I needed a THR and too scared at 48 to do so, I did some brief research and by some kind of grace, found Dr. Pritchett. He recommended HR, and I knew right away he was a brilliant, caring surgeon. He recommended the titanium/poly HR device, and we spoke about how a THR may be necessary later, and how HR would allow bone conservation for this, as well as higher quality of life in the meantime (20-30 years).
Initially terrified of THR, I felt nervous but resigned and hopeful for the HR.
Dr. Pritchett answered all my questions, and had a lengthy initial discussion with me, despite his obviously busy day. His office staff were efficient and friendly. The surgery was held at Swedish Orthopedic Institute - and everyone was stellar. His PA is also a compassionate, excellent person, and the anesthesiologist was friendly and kind. Everyone was wonderful - nurses, house keepers, etc. I am a nurse myself, and am very grateful for the care I received.
I had Left Hip R 4/3/17. Went home the next day, due to left leg was still numb through the day. Used a walker for about 5 days, then cane,and still on cane as limping is pretty significant without it. Doing PT every day, driving a little, and walking but not long distances yet. Still in a lot of pain and have swelling, and tired, but doing great!
I have a 5 year old and lots of help at home so it has been a peaceful healing time.

blinky

Re: 16 days post op HR Dr. Pritchett
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 12:25:57 PM »
Welcome to the other side! I look forward to hearing more about your story.

What does your Five year old think of all this? I have two college aged kids an their reactions were very different. The younger one, who had lived at home during my natural hips last days, understood the need for surgery and was quick to call (FaceTime even). Older son was more guarded.

catfriend

Re: 16 days post op HR Dr. Pritchett
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 06:01:57 PM »
Glad to hear of your successful surgery with Dr. P. He resurfaced my right hip 1/19/16, and will do my left when it is time. I'm sure you'll continue with great progress. Sorry to hear that you're still having pain. I took the drugs as needed to avoid that. Walking is great. Now if only the weather would stop with this never-ending rain...

Recent Posts

Re: BHR recovery goal complete..... Ran Boston Marathon by runner
Yesterday at 06:21:18 AM

Completed the 2021 Boston Marathon by runner
Yesterday at 06:05:51 AM

Re: A Fantastic Surgery Experience by LarryBud
October 13, 2021, 09:49:28 AM

A Fantastic Surgery Experience by RollerHockeyDan
October 12, 2021, 12:52:58 PM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear