+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 11 days since my resurfacing with Dr. Pritchett  (Read 2442 times)

Paprika

11 days since my resurfacing with Dr. Pritchett
« on: April 28, 2017, 02:44:25 PM »
I am one very happy patient. Dr Pritchett instilled confidence every step of the way and I found him to be warm and caring. Swedish Institute, where he operates, is a very impressive facility with really good nurses and other staff.  The same day and next day post-op PT and OT provided at Swedish was very helpful in regaining function in my left leg (following left hip resurfacing).  At this point, I can walk shorter distances unassisted and the swelling has pretty much disappeared.  My pain medication is just Trammedol and Tylenol. I never took any Oxycodrone.  I do the home PT exercises 2-3 times a day about 5 days a week.  My outside PT sessions begin next week and Dr Pritchett's office provided me with a protocol for having the PT report to them regarding my range of motion.  It's been great having this site as a resource and I will update all of you further down the line.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 11 days since my resurfacing with Dr. Pritchett
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 03:16:07 PM »
Sounds like you are doing great.  Thanks for checking in.

Take it easy and good luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

avilax777

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 02:55:27 PM »
Glad to hear you are doing well.  Do you know what devise he used on you?

thanks
avi

jimbone

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 06:20:38 PM »
Hi Paprika-

How goes recovery?  I am also a patient of Dr. Pritchett.  Surgery on Mon. 7/16, resurfacing left hip.  Actually looking forward to it.  Seems my anxiety, originally focused on a replacement, has largely faded with the option of resurfacing and my several consultations with Dr. Pritchett for whom I have a deep confidence in his skills and commitment to his patients well being.  Hope you are doing well, getting back to pain free full function and able to enjoy life more again.  I'll be looking forward to the same.  Best wishes.

Paprika

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 06:39:12 AM »
'Hope your surgery went well. It's been a really good spring/summer running-wise. I've done about a dozen races ranging from 5K to 10K and my longest training run has been 8 miles. My resurfaced hip feels totally normal!

jimbone

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 03:12:48 PM »
Paprika-

I couldn't be more pleased or encouraged with the entire experience.  Dr. Pritchetts staff from office to OR all demonstrate the greatest of commitment to their patients best outcome and my time at Swedish went as smoothly and provided every level of support I could ask for.  My gait, balance and strength in the operated hip is developing nicely at day 37.  I did the hospital provided home PT routinely and watched improvement on a daily basis.  Just started out patient PT last week- given 4 more exercises that provided a bit more challenge and see strength gain daily.  Do I understand your post correctly- your surgery was in April of this year and you are already running races???  I feel like such a slacker.  I'll be sure to ask PT for additional program demands when I see them tomorrow.  Glad to hear you are doing well.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat