+-

Author Topic: 7 weeks post-op: All good except for flexion  (Read 1974 times)

Paprika

7 weeks post-op: All good except for flexion
« on: June 05, 2017, 10:06:55 PM »
It's been 7 weeks since my left hip resurfacing with Dr. Pritchett.  I am walking 3 to 3.5 miles/day at 17 minutes/mile, climbing up and down stairs, and pain free!  Just one thing:  The 90 degree flexion restriction came off last week and my left hip didn't get the memo!  I cannot bend low enough to put a sock onto my left foot or tie my left shoe.  My PT has been working on increasing my flexibility through a set of new stretching exercises ("child pose"  "half lotus" etc.) and so, I expect/hope this is temporary.  I'm curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this stiffness/lack of flexibility after their 90 degree flexion restriction was removed.

catfriend

Re: 7 weeks post-op: All good except for flexion
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 10:51:36 PM »
I felt like a slacker when it came to putting on socks (without the sock putter onner) and tying shoelaces. Seriously, I even started a thread on it under Recovery Issues: How long after surgery before you could tie your shoes? I just looked at it. It was just about five months before I successfully tied my shoes. Many, if not most, can do this a lot sooner. You have a ways to go to tie my record :o

Paprika

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 12:12:40 AM »
Thanks, Catfriend.  I'll look for that thread and will also try and stop worrying.

vonhouser

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 02:32:30 PM »
For me it was external rotation. My flexion beyond 90 came back pretty quickly, but at 6 months I'm still getting very slow but steady progress on external rotation.
49 yo Female
Wright Conserve+ with Koen de Smet
Scheduled December 7th, 2016

karlos.bell

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 07:01:48 AM »
 8) yep could not do it for about a year.
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding with FAI Hyperflexion

Paprika

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 08:22:44 PM »
I am now 18 weeks post-op and have made substantial progress with flexion - thanks to my awesome physical therapist.  I can lift the knee of my operated left leg high enough (toward my chest) to put on my socks and tie my shoes.  While I do to have the same degree of flexion as in my right non-operated leg, I am making progress week-by-week and expect to be very close shortly!  I appreciate all of the support from my fellow hippies!

Shiggy

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 06:29:21 PM »
I'm at just over 9 weeks since having my left hip resurfaced. Flexion is improving almost daily now. In fact, I managed to clip my toenails yesterday albeit in a modified fashion using my left hand to clip my left foot's toenails.  Hey, it's progress and I was happy that I won't have to ask my wife to do it anymore.  :)

Recent Posts

Re: Pain on Rising by jimbone
Today at 01:24:59 AM

Re: Travelling for Resurfacing during Covid-19 by BionicHip
Today at 12:00:02 AM

My 8yr Bi-Lat Anniversary by Gino_Tortellini
December 03, 2020, 09:25:02 PM

Re: Pain on Rising by Saddlepal3
December 03, 2020, 08:33:02 PM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear