+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 3 year Anniversary.  (Read 2869 times)

shoraztri

3 year Anniversary.
« on: July 15, 2017, 07:53:45 PM »
Hi To All,

On the 7th July, 2017 , I celebrated my 3rd Anniversary of BHR Left side. Wow, how the time has disappeared and how I am able to compete "pretty well" in Triathlon, all be it , at Sprint and Standard Distance. 

The hip has never been better and I attribute this to alot of patience in the re-hab,[ a fantastic  "nurse"- the wife] ,lots of precise, dedicated massage by Roger Gooch of BodySmart,  careful choices of racing and distances, plus correct footwear. As well an excellent operation by Dr Hugh Blackley, here in New Zealand.

I continue to do plenty of swimming,cycling, and some running. The Run is somewhat hindered due to a serious knee injury, and unfortunately we have not got an equivalent Runners knee, compared to the Birmingham Hip - Bugger.

Overall I could not be more rapt with how everything has gone and progressed since the BHR. Its a pity the rest of the body is "playing up" but at least I'm still very active in Sport and life. Later I will be targeting more Swim and Bike events in the future, but for now, I look forward to having a "dab" at this years World Age Group Champs, in Rotterdam, September, in the Standard Distance Olympic Distance, 1:500-40km-10km.

For those still contemplating a BHR, get it done !!!, life will never be better. Have a good surgeon, good therapist and a good re-hab schedule.

In closing, a massive THANKS to Pat W. for the website, all the advice, knowledge from other hippies, and the overall support of everyone.  It certainly has made a huge difference. ;D ;) :)

Cheers,
Kiwi Boy.
LHBHR. 7 JULY 2014. DR. HUGH BLACKLEY. SOUTHERN CROSS HOSPITAL, NORTH SHORE, NZ.
Fem Head 50.  Cup Size 56.  D.O.B. 03/1952.

petemeads

Re: 3 year Anniversary.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 03:36:04 AM »
Hi Shorty, great to hear that the hip is working well, sorry about the knee - is it on the same leg or the opposite? There is always something ready to go wrong and spoil things, specially as we get older...

Good that biking and swimming still OK, biking works well for me too at the moment as my new THR is still not really up to running properly (though I have limped around half a dozen 5ks to get to realize this).

Good luck in Rotterdam!
Pete
Age 72, LBHR 48mm head 18th Nov 2014 and RTHR 36mm head Zimmer ceramic/ceramic 2nd May 2017 by Mr Christopher Kershaw, Spire hospital, Leicester UK.

shoraztri

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 10:45:22 PM »
Hi pete,

Its the other side knee, ie my Right Knee.
Yes, other parts of the body are slowly giving up too, but are confident that Rotterdam will be "ok" for me.

With the advent of the new AquaBike Champs on the World Tri scene, I'm more than likely to "jump ship" next year and have a crack at these. The 3km Swim and 120km Bike is a solid challenge.

All the Best to you , and Thanks for the encouragement.

Cheers,
 Shorty,.
LHBHR. 7 JULY 2014. DR. HUGH BLACKLEY. SOUTHERN CROSS HOSPITAL, NORTH SHORE, NZ.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 10:24:10 AM »
Shorty

Congratulations on your 3 year anniversary.  Thank You for sharing it with us. 

I wish you the very best.

Stop back now and then, tell us how you are doing.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

shoraztri

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 03:59:20 AM »
Hi Pat,

Thanks heaps for your reply and support.  :D ;D

I look forward to keeping you and all of us hippies up to date. Still waiting on that " miracle " runners knee to be invented/produced/made. -  ;D

Cheers to all,
 Shorty.

petemeads

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 02:11:53 PM »
Hi Shorty, got fed up waiting to hear about your World Champs performance so just checked the results - very impressive!
I hope you are going to tell us all about it very soon...

Cheers, Pete
Age 72, LBHR 48mm head 18th Nov 2014 and RTHR 36mm head Zimmer ceramic/ceramic 2nd May 2017 by Mr Christopher Kershaw, Spire hospital, Leicester UK.

shoraztri

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 02:13:58 AM »
Hi Pete,
Humble apolagies for not replying back after Rotterdam. It was a tough Race, and unfortunately the knee "gave up at ghost" at the 1:00km mark  of the Run. From there on things turned to "custard" in a big way. Was a big struggle to finish, but made it in the end. The Hip was great, so no issues there at all. Am 99:9% sure that Standard Distance Olympic Tri is all over for me.  :-X :'(
Am now back home training for Gold Coast , Australia Worlds in Sept, 2018. Will only do 2 races here in NZ, so am very restrictive in what I do, owing to the Knee injury. Am pretty sure it will be in the SPRINT DISTANCE for Worlds. A tiger for Punishment, thats Tri for ya.

All the Best for 2018.
Cheers ,
Shorty from down under.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear