+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: abduction clunk and pain, adduction pain no clunk  (Read 1561 times)

a sensation

abduction clunk and pain, adduction pain no clunk
« on: September 27, 2017, 08:20:20 AM »
Hi,

I am 8 months post-op right side BHR.  I have some concerns.  I have this clunk when abducting my leg and I have some pain in the groin as well.  I also have groin pain when I adduct the leg over my center line.  I sent my surgeon these questions just now, just wondering if anyone had and got past these hurdles.

I have noted people mentioning staying hydrated, I am definitely hydrated, so I ruled that one out.

I have attached some photos, the first one is the starting position, then I abduct as in the second and I feel the clunk consistently.

The third photo is adducting my leg and bringing it past my center line.

The last one is the starting position before I abduct my right knee down and away.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:23:25 AM by a sensation »

chuckm

Re: abduction clunk and pain, adduction pain no clunk
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 10:34:39 AM »

Sounds quite normal to me. Adduction you have to work at and it is sore in the groin like there is something blocking when you cross over.
Clunks are a part of resurfacing too. They never seem to occur when you are using your hip normally though.

I'd say just get on with it.

Chuckm
Left BHR 11/30/12
Hospital for Special Surgery
46 years old

karlos.bell

Re: abduction clunk and pain, adduction pain no clunk
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:48:52 PM »
 :) Hell mine clunk all the time at present. Ok not quite the right side is getting better maybe almost never now. The left is still doing it as my left side was the worst hit in life.  I was on crutches for 8 years so its taking time for the healing of the capsule muscles to strengthen and tendons to correct lenght so I believe about 4 year out I will be doing less clunking. But big thing is I can walk and run so a bit of clunk does not matter. But what it mostly is .. the tendons gliding over the bone surfaces psoas and It Band. The joint centralizing then bang its goes. No deal just sometimes. The groin pain took 2 years to go  so be patient. It also took 2 years for the right leg to start working the outside quad then the leg was lifting using the quad alot more. The groin pain then abates. 8) Cheers K
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat